IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Ut2003

Postby IBBoard at 08 Nov 2002, 16:05

Has anyone seen the new UT2003? and the new "Bombing Run" mode?
The graphics are, as you would expect, great, but the game takes 3GB of disk space to install!!! :blink:
But Bombing Run is cool - for all those who know Games Workshop - it is kinda like Dungeon Bowl (one of the variations on Blood Bowl). For those who don't, here is a breif explaination:
The ball starts sat in the middle of the level, and both sides have a small portal-looking thing that is their goal. Each team must try to get the ball and either shoot it through their oponents 'goal' for 4 points or leap through the goal with it for 7 points. If you leap through, you tend to die, but everyone respawns after a goal anyway, so it isn't that bad if you can manage it :) The only problem with being the ball carrier is that you have a nice halo/sphere around you so that you stand out from miles off! Oh, and the fact that shooting while holding ht ball doesn't shoot, it just lauches the ball can also cause problems when someone infront of you is trying to gun you down :D although you can use the fact that you can't shoot when you've got the ball to your advantage ;)
The only bad thing I can say about UT2003 from my experience is that they have removed Assault. No longer can you attack from a beach-head or conquer a castle :( Shame really, but I think Bombing Run goes towards making up for it :)

[edit] Oooops, for those of you who don't mind d/ling 90MB (plus the fairly small demo patch) the demo is available from the downloads section of www.unrealtournament2003.com

<!--EDIT|The Emperor|Nov 8 2002, 06:12 PM-->
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 03 Jan 2003, 16:16

that remids me, talk to Wales about it plz, it odesnt work any more

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 Jan 2003, 17:13

I know, jeez, at least let me get back to Uni will you :P
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Bap

Postby Bap at 09 Jan 2003, 17:05

Wales?? Who do you mean by that??

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 10 Jan 2003, 10:18

We got two Steffans at Uni (more accurately a Steffan and a Stefan). Ones from Iceland/Scotland, the other is from Wales, so rather than trying some weird way of pronouncing the names and the number of Fs differently, the Welsh one just gets called Wales :)
But don't ask, it wasn't my idea :D

Bap

Postby Bap at 10 Jan 2003, 19:47

Cool a fellow Welshman!!!