IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: 1984

Postby IBBoard at 01 Aug 2002, 18:13

I watched the film - 1984 - last night. It was on C4 a while ago, but it was about 2 in the morning or something stupid.
All I can say is "Wierd, very wierd". I followed what it was about, but most of it is just like Freudian style commentary on what the world would be like if there was a Big Brother (that wasn't a crappy TV show) watching everyones moves.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 01 Aug 2002, 23:10

read the book it explains it better, the film is good but it would need to be about 8 hours long to convay all that the book was saying. George Orwell was predicting a totalitarian society that the world was going towards around the time of WW2 when the book was written, also see and read Animal Farm another George Orwell book that symbolises the Russian Revolution in the form of an animal revolt on a farm, also very good.

edit - the words "war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength" in my sig comes from 1984

<!--EDIT|Tech Priest Squeak|Aug 2 2002, 12:17 AM-->

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 11 Aug 2002, 18:07

Hmmm, I might have to look into them. Only problem is I have lots of other books to read before them, and I ain't used my library card in so long that it has run out and I'm gonna have to re-join.
So many books, so little time....
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 11 Aug 2002, 18:40

no, so many hours and too few books :P

(i read a big novel in a day, i like books):P

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 11 Aug 2002, 20:20

I caugth the end of that film when I came in ;) didnt make as much sense as when I read the book (maybe my state had something to do with it...)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 Aug 2002, 17:51

Asdrubael Vect wrote:I caugth the end of that film when I came in ;) didnt make as much sense as when I read the book (maybe my state had something to do with it...)

Your state had something to do with it? {sarcasm} Never!!!! {/sarcasm}
That thing didn't make sense watching the whole thing sober, so catching the end in the state you would have been in that late at night you stood no chance :D

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 12 Aug 2002, 18:09

yeah, the problem with that book (like any of the Lord of The Rings Books), would be to make a really good film version would make it like 6hours long lol, I guess they did their best lol!

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 12 Aug 2002, 18:57

Asdrubael Vect wrote:I caugth the end of that film when I came in ;) didnt make as much sense as when I read the book (maybe my state had something to do with it...)

Idaho? Arizona? New Jersey?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 Aug 2002, 19:03

Warmaster Horus wrote:
Asdrubael Vect wrote:I caugth the end of that film when I came in  ;)  didnt make as much sense as when I read the book (maybe my state had something to do with it...)

Someone take him out and shoot him please.

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 13 Aug 2002, 20:34

Warmaster Horus wrote:
Asdrubael Vect wrote:I caugth the end of that film when I came in  ;)  didnt make as much sense as when I read the book (maybe my state had something to do with it...)

the little known UK state of Greater Drunkeness

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 14 Oct 2002, 17:28

1984 is going to be on at the Lowry in Manchester soon - a stage version. I think we are going watching it :) it might be easier trying to understand it the second time around :D plus being live will make a difference :)