IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Jingo

Postby IBBoard at 12 Oct 2001, 20:18

I am currently reading Jingo (the one before The Last Continent I think).  And I have noticed that it is so much like the real world.  Sgt Colon hates the Klatchians because they are worse than Ankh-Morporkians, although he can't actually find any proof, it all just falls through.  Even the real world is like that.  Everyone hates everyone else because they are supposedly worse than them, but actually it is just because they are different.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 13 Oct 2001, 19:20

yep i know, very good book that one, read it about 15 times..........

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 Oct 2001, 20:22

I am having problems trying to find time to read them all once.  How did you do it?
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 17 Oct 2001, 18:48

i read very fast, it took me 4 days (school days) to read Duncton Wood (page numbers aprox 700-800 pages), and i'm able to read multiple books at once and sort out the storylines, i read on average 2-3 books at once

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 17 Oct 2001, 18:56

I read about 10-20 pages each night, maybe more if I am still not tired, plus any pages that I can read during the day.  It takes me ages to get through books, and I often forget half of the story line when I am reading one book :)