jonorb567
1st Year Cadet
1st Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

40%

Salam from Saudi

Postby jonorb567 at 05 Feb 2011, 15:48

Just a quick introduction. My names Jon

I am a big fan of games workshop especially LotR and 40k although I've only had two years experience :/ I have unfortunately sold most of my models as I had to move out to Saudi Arabia but I am interested in collecting again and will probably buy models on my visits back to the UK.

I've been out of the scene for a while and will be thankful for any advice in collecting. I'm interested in buying a 500 point imperial guard army and will hopefully expand it. I don't get alot of information out here concerning GW so any new rule books and codex's I do not know about so I would be very grateful to anybody who can keep me informed.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Salam from Saudi

Postby IBBoard at 06 Feb 2011, 19:25

Welcome to the forums.

The main GW site should be accessible throughout the world, and the pick-list of nations just changes the focus of the stories (and, presumably, the prices in the shop). As long as the Saudi government haven't blocked the site then you should still be able to get codex news from there (I don't know how much the Saudi's block - but I know Dubai has some filtering).

500pts of Guard is probably quite a small army as soon as you start including heavy armour. You could go for an unusual infantry-based army, but a rough guesstimate would say you're probably going to fit a platoon or so plus a tank and not a huge amount more!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

jonorb567
1st Year Cadet
1st Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

40%

Re: Salam from Saudi

Postby jonorb567 at 07 Feb 2011, 14:24

HA. thanks for the advice. when I was playing I mostly played LotR but I have decided to play 40k as I like the look of the game. Will definitely make a bigger army. Probably 1000pt +.