Hello!

NBKFuzzy
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

68%

Hello!

Postby NBKFuzzy at 23 May 2009, 10:42

I have looked at these forums a lot, and decided to register since it seems things are going pretty slow around here.

I play W40k as Biel-Tan Eldar,
I play Dawn of War as Biel-Tan Eldar,
I play Dawn of War 2 as Biel-Tan Eldar,

I wrote one fan-fiction story set in W40k from the perspective of Biel-Tan Eldar. I really like Biel-Tan. :)

I prefer using others to fight my battles, but dont mind throwing out my own nasty tools in a game once and a while.

And as I said before I wrote a fan fiction piece not long ago for my writing class in science fiction/fantasy. Since I love 40k I thought that it fits that perfectly.
My muse is a fickle bitch, with a short attention span.

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Re: Hello!

Postby stfas at 23 May 2009, 11:18

hello and welcome here.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 May 2009, 08:12

Welcome to the forums - it is a bit quiet, but there are always a few faithfuls around here (mainly me and stfas :) ). We're probably due a member clearup soon, which may prompt a few of our long-lost members back again.

Do I detect a slight Biel-Tan/Eldar hint to your collections? :D I take it you've seen the Codex Craftworld Eldar texture on Skins@HWT - it's better for the standard Biel-Tan colours than the existing scheme :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

NBKFuzzy
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

68%

Postby NBKFuzzy at 25 May 2009, 09:19

Yes I have!

My favorite though is Biel-Tan in DoW2. They look great, and I'm impressed. I was dissapointed when Ulthwe ended up as the main Eldar in the single player though. Luckly Biel-Tan made their mark in the original Dawn of War.

I actually first saw Biel-Tan at a W40k game where a friend helped me get started. He showed me the codex's, and the first I picked up was actually Necron, but then he had some prints of all the insignias, and Biel-Tans heart caught my eye. Not to mention, green/white have always been a favorite of mine. And their gameplay with warrior focus grew on me fast.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 May 2009, 10:12

The colour scheme for Biel Tan does work quite well, especially with some of the variations Games Workshop have added recently (I don't remember seeing them in 40K 2nd Edition).

Ulthwe have always been GW's main Craftworld, though. Partly because the black and yellow or bone looks great, but partly because of the storyline of them being the ones on the edge of the Eye of Terror and having the standing guard of Guardians (they have more militia in effect).

Having played (or at least collected) Orks for quite a while, I do think a good troops-based army does look great :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

NBKFuzzy
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

68%

Postby NBKFuzzy at 25 May 2009, 18:46

My army consists mostly of tanks now, with Warp Spiders (my favorite unit). Fire Prisms are my favorite tank, and Wraithlords to protect them in melee. I always have warp spiders for get-in-get-out situations.

One thing I do with my Fire Prism is I have painted some vines on the hull over the paint scheme, and for every kill I add a thorn to the vine.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 May 2009, 19:17

Kill-counts are always quite an interesting personal touch to add, and doing it through thorns on vines is certainly a different way of doing it to anything I've seen. I did consider making a vined texture for Dawn of War 1, but I didn't think I quite had enough artistic touch to pull it off.