IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Farewell Filefront...

Postby IBBoard at 26 Mar 2009, 19:30

I thought I'd start a thread to say "Farewell FileFront and thanks for...well, not a lot really".

Apparently the FileFront network is being closed indefinitely. Given my general experience on the network (including some time on the FileFront forums) it doesn't seem like a great loss. They were useful for game patches (which publishers should take the responsibility for hosting anyway), but beyond that there was a terrible signal to noise ration (far too much junk and low-quality rubbish on there), a terrible theft problem (people claiming other people's work as their own) and a terrible attitude/writing problem (people who can't write proper sentences demanding you do things for them after you've just pointed them to a simple two-step tutorial on how they can do it themselves).

On the plus side, Skins@HWT is still available :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Farewell Filefront...

Postby IBBoard at 03 Apr 2009, 18:46

Oh dear, looks like it was too good to be true. Apparently FileFront has been bought back from its previous owners. On the plus side, the I've not seen the worst people from FileFront migrating elsewhere, so hopefully they'll go back to FileFront now :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)