Hi

Crusader
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

28%

Hi

Postby Crusader at 07 Oct 2008, 09:57

Hi everyone, my name is chris and i'm new to this 40k stuff....well not exactly new i first got into 40k with the 2nd edition many years ago but have been away for quite a while and notice things have changed quite a bit.

I'm planning on collecting a space marine army but am still deciding on which chapter to collect, i really like the new ultramarines stuff in the new codex but it seems every noob's chapter of choice so am maybe thinking of a different chapter, i'm quite tempted by the Black Templars but are unsure, any suggestions welcome. :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Hi

Postby IBBoard at 07 Oct 2008, 12:15

Welcome! Another veteran player returning, like t1983.

Things have definitely changed since 2nd Edition (simplified with more flowing play, but more characterful because of it, IMO). Space Marines are still as popular as ever, and the Ultramarines have had a face-lift with a bit of character (they're no longer so 'vanilla') but as you said they do seem to be the newbie chapter of choice.

If you'd like some chapter choosing help, start a topic in the Main Games area and people can throw in their ideas.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 07 Oct 2008, 18:42

welcome to HWT!

Crusader
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

28%

Postby Crusader at 08 Oct 2008, 12:17

Thanks for the advice IBBoard i think i'll do that.