dow 2 chat

Sanguinius
4th Year Cadet
4th Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

65%

dow 2 chat

Postby Sanguinius at 19 Aug 2008, 20:12

well, with the inevitable release of dow 2, i wanted to post what i think about the game and ask what you think about it.

well, the first thing im wondering is that:will the eldar(a confirmed dow2 race) have more aspect warriors? yea, warps, fire dragons, reapers, and banshees are good and all, but what about the other ones, like swooping hawks and dire avengers? putting those there would be cool. also, i believe they said that only four races would be included in the 1st game, so whats the mystery race?(space marines, orks, and eldar have been confirmed) ive seen many people rant about the tyranids, but if it goes along the same premise of the first dow it will be chaos.

at the end of the e3 2008 video of dow2, a red cloud appears above the marines. is this the eye of terror looming ever-so closer? the eye of slannesh appearing(both chaos)? of maybe it was a 'nid hive spore?

also, dow2 producers said that this game would put more into squads, aka less space marines and the like avalible(aka 5 marine squads, 8 ig guardsman), so lets hope they beef them up to be more powerful against swarms of the inevitable 'nids and daemons(also vehicles).

another thing that i hope is there(fat chance) would be like super-heroes. no, not superman or batman, but like m. calgar(lord of ultramarines). possibly, ultra-relics(like 1 a map) are needed to summon them, and lots of dough. im close to making a mod about this(in your dreams, fella). the best part is possibly races within races, aka ultramarines and imperial fists as different civs., so you can summon tyranid warriors from ultra, and captain lysander from imp. fists...(not even). another cool(race-specific thing) is maybe summoning like uber-leaders(aka primarches or special heroes) that can own anyone.(anyways, back to reality...)

yea, im definatly asking for to much here. :oops:
my youtube account is rapidfire544.
i try to post often but school is stopping me. =P

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: dow 2 chat

Postby IBBoard at 19 Aug 2008, 20:45

We've already got a DoW thread, so this is probably better going in the end of there. I already posted my thoughts on the screenshots (mainly things like "yes it's detailed, but I hope they fix the horrible shine")

I'll have to watch that video again, though, as I've seen other people mention a cloud and I don't remember seeing one, or at least not one that looked particularly ominous or indicative of anything.

As for your final point, I can all but guarantee that there won't be any name characters in DoW2. Relic have explained why there weren't any in DoW and it's because of a Games Workshop restriction (they don't want their story line ruining, plus there are certain things that can't fit within the story line based on known locations of characters etc) and I can't see that changing any time soon.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)