goin' back to school

Sanguinius
4th Year Cadet
4th Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

65%

Re: goin' back to school

Postby Sanguinius at 29 Aug 2008, 19:13

its been around two weeks in school and my classes have been doing absolutly NOTHING. alot of my teachers have been temporarely replaced by substitutes, so ive been doing nothing at all! i brought my laptop into school to post youtube videos and so on.
my youtube account is rapidfire544.
i try to post often but school is stopping me. =P

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Aug 2008, 20:05

Substitutes in the first weeks? I've never had staff disappear that quickly! The first week or so did always used to take a while to get going though.

As for your laptop, you've got an interesting school network if they both let you connect your own equipment and visit sites like YouTube. Most schools I know lock down the main time-wasting sites like that. Besides, you should be concentrating in class ;)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Sanguinius
4th Year Cadet
4th Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

65%

Postby Sanguinius at 30 Aug 2008, 08:34

well, i should normally be doin' stuff, but we do no work to speak of(literally, not joking). we just sit there. all freakin' day('cept lunch). i either get some r&r in classes like gym or go online on my laptop. all the other kids listen to mp3 players or talk and stuff.

and as for the laptop, i dont hook it up to their network(i actually would have had to, but i found this) because (pure luck, by the way) there is an internet cafe nearby that offurs free wi-fi connectivity if you have the adapter for it. the distance of the wi-fi is actually really large, and it covers just about the whole school!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 30 Aug 2008, 12:59

That's quite a range on their Wifi. We lose half of our signal on our Wifi by the time it has travelled ~18 feet and gone through two brick walls! It sounds like you've got the worst end of the substitute teachers though - the ones who don't even bother doing anything.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Sanguinius
4th Year Cadet
4th Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

65%

Postby Sanguinius at 14 Sep 2008, 12:14

unfortunalty, the normal teachers have appeared, so ive got more and more work to do. =(

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 14 Sep 2008, 17:42

That's only fair - we can't have the young 'uns at school having fun and not working now, can we? ;)

Kjetil136
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

20%

Postby Kjetil136 at 17 Sep 2008, 06:50

My professors seem to be pretty good. None seem to be the failing type, where they fail half the class because they weren't "getting it". Work load will be enough that i won't have much free time to paint or do any skinning work, thats what engineering does to you though.
"In a world of darkness, the synapses of conscious thought are like a beacon of hope... or despair."

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 Sep 2008, 20:07

You'll probably come out of it on good pay, though. University does have a bit of a different take on things to school.

After Uni then I've felt that perhaps I didn't learn as much as I could, despite the fact that someone I work with was disappointed that my Uni (UMIST) had been taken over by the University of Manchester as it apparently had a good reputation in business. It's not that I got bad grades (I got a first) just that there seems like so much more they could have taught or that I could have done my own research in to.

Previous