what other games do you play?

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Re: what other games do you play?

Postby stfas at 20 Aug 2008, 13:54

actually theres like 17 FF's (FF tactics, FF I-XIII (under development, and this includes X-2 (second part of FF X) FF VII: Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus), FF Origins, FF Chronicles, FF Crystal Chronicles, FF Tactics, FF Tactics Advanced, FF Legend (I, II and III), FF Mystic Quest, FF Anthology and it seems some "Chrono Trigger" is included in the series. theres also the expansions to the MMORPG FF XI. and the movies FF: The Spirits Within, FF Last Order (FF VII movie), FF Legends of the Crystals and FF Unlimited (anime serie), everything was taken from Wikipedia so its probably the biggest serie ever.

edit: seems like thats more like 25 things in the FF serie <.<

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 Aug 2008, 18:54

Ah, didn't realise they'd made it to producing Doom 4. I knew the numbers were a bit exaggerated, but given the time between Doom 2 and Doom 3 I didn't really think of it as one of the over used franchises. I guess it does have a film, though!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Sanguinius
4th Year Cadet
4th Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

65%

Postby Sanguinius at 21 Aug 2008, 09:16

well, im sorry to pick on this, but im going to pick on star wars. after the *count em* six movies that gained them national fame, every game/sideline movie that some one slapped a star wars label on it gets millions of copies sold just because its a star wars game(even if it sucks)[you know what im talking about!*koff koff**battle for naboo**koff koff*.

same goes with the star wars 'clone wars' movie. it sucks! it got an overall rating of i think like 52%/100% out of 43 ratings. but, since its a star wars related thing, nerds and people who were darth vader costumes for a living go to theaters in the millions to see it.

i dont have much idea in the way that it relates to our original discusion, i just had to rant for a bit.
my youtube account is rapidfire544.
i try to post often but school is stopping me. =P

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 21 Aug 2008, 11:52

well there are some good star wars games too.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 Aug 2008, 12:01

Some of the Star Wars games were quite innovative, and even Lego Star Wars was a bit of a novel idea (I think it was the first one). The down side is that they do push it too far and yet people still buy it. We might end up watching Clone Wars, but only on rental because we pay monthly and can normally only build up a list of about 10 films!

There is a plus side to franchises, though. At least you know what you're getting (roughly) in terms of story and background. An independent game could have good game play but never really get picked up because no-one has heard of Bowzleland and doesn't want to risk it and buy the game. Star Wars, on the other hand, is a known entity with a known back plot and so you know more of the universe you're playing in. It is the same 'feature' that causes bad franchise games to get bought in their millions, but it does have its positive aspect.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 22 Aug 2008, 22:36

well, games like Knights of the Old Republic (or KOTOR for short) and KOTOR 2 we're two good games, and im looking forward to the release of the force unleashed game.

Bap
Skavenslave
Skavenslave
Progress to next rank:

27%

Postby Bap at 27 Aug 2008, 20:17

Yeah KOTOR 1 & 2 is amazing!!!! I don't like the idea that they are now going to make it into an MMORPG instead of a third installment.

Sanguinius
4th Year Cadet
4th Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

65%

Postby Sanguinius at 30 Aug 2008, 09:07

the designers get to caught up in their own marvels to realize that they are best in one area of the market. of course(like just about all games) the must expand!! even halo, a true 1st person shooter, now is almost done with an rts of their own. even runescape, a popular free online game with crappy graphics is now making an rts based on the game, even though they havent gone anywere near any other markets in the 7+ years theyve been out. and i have lego star wars, and its fun, especially for the wii.
my youtube account is rapidfire544.
i try to post often but school is stopping me. =P

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 30 Aug 2008, 13:03

Some ideas make a bit of sense, although not necessarily from the same studio. GW licensed an (apparently quite poor) FPS game in the shape of Fire Warrior as well as a number of RTS games (Shadow of the Horned Rat, Dark Omen, Dawn of War) and TBS games (Space Hulk, Chaos Gate, Rites of War (I think), Final Liberation). Those make sense because it shows you different aspects of the universe - W40K from a single character's point of view and on various scales of tactical warfare. It's just that in those cases GW had the sense to use different studios who were seemingly quite good in their individual areas.

Bap
Skavenslave
Skavenslave
Progress to next rank:

27%

Postby Bap at 05 Sep 2008, 16:42

I have pre-ordered Mark Of Chaos for the 360 next week which should be good I hope! Ain't played its PC counterpart. I really want Spore but it wouldn't play on my laptop so gotta wait for that to come out on 360 or wait til I have money for a computer!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Sep 2008, 17:58

A 360? You mean you've got one and it hasn't RRODed yet? :D

The wife has just seen Spore on a TV advert and wants it now that it's out. Being an EA game I'm sure it'll be as expensive as usual :\

I did look at Mark of Chaos, but given the amount that I play DoW and the amount of free time I have then I couldn't really justify it. If only I could win the lottery and have all of the free time I wanted!

Bap
Skavenslave
Skavenslave
Progress to next rank:

27%

Postby Bap at 11 Sep 2008, 16:21

My 360 is my favourite thing :D It's amazing :) So no dissing :D

Has anyone got Spore??

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 11 Sep 2008, 17:57

If I can't diss it then what else am I supposed to do. If you want to game you get a proper gaming machine, like a PC, not one of these "pay an arm and a leg for a mediocre but hyped game" consoles :P

I've not got Spore, although the wife kinda wants it (along with Sims 3 when that's released). Even at Amazon's prices then it's a bit too much to splash out on our budget, though.

t1983
2nd Year Cadet
2nd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

50%

Postby t1983 at 11 Sep 2008, 18:31

does anyone remember another world or flashback? they were great games with ok graphics at the time.
Also another great but from later on was fall out. The graphics were ok and the story line was great. Can't wait for fall out 3. The graphics look amazing and i've heard that they will be using an oblivion type engine to run it, so it should be as big as oblivion. i just hope the storyline is good enough to match oblivion.

Bap
Skavenslave
Skavenslave
Progress to next rank:

27%

Postby Bap at 11 Sep 2008, 20:13

IBBoard wrote:If I can't diss it then what else am I supposed to do. If you want to game you get a proper gaming machine, like a PC, not one of these "pay an arm and a leg for a mediocre but hyped game" consoles :P

I've not got Spore, although the wife kinda wants it (along with Sims 3 when that's released). Even at Amazon's prices then it's a bit too much to splash out on our budget, though.

Pfffffffffffft I hate playing games on a PC unless they are strategy or roleplaying but then Oblivion on 360 was AMAZING so don't really need it for that anymore. I love my 360 so bog off :P Beautiful machine thats been faithful to me for the last 3 and a half years!!! :D :D :)

As for Spore if I could afford a new comp that would play it I would deffo be up for buying that but once again its coming to 360 so cheaper for me to wait for that then!!!

PreviousNext