Hello

Birchtree
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

22%

Hello

Postby Birchtree at 23 May 2008, 21:32

I've not played 40K tabletop since my school days (fielding a Khornate genestealer cult army) but got into Dawn of War earlier this year, and have had a real blast with it. Having done some texturing for Neverwinter Nights in the past, I thought I'd see what I can do in DoW.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Hello

Postby IBBoard at 25 May 2008, 18:18

Welcome to the forums. Sorry for the delay, but as you can see in another topic I'm a bit busy with other things at the moment ;)

Khornate 'Stealer cult? Must have been 2nd Edition then, I guess :)

I've not textured NWN, only DoW, but I'd imagine it's generally the same. TGSC has looked at textures in Chaos League (Blood Bowl as a computer game before they had a license from GW) and that was close enough.

Anything you make that complies with our submission guidelines (which are linked to from the submission form) we'll gladly host.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Birchtree
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

22%

Postby Birchtree at 27 May 2008, 00:39

Thanks for the welcome. And yeah, that would've been 2nd Edition (though I seem to recall doing some Rogue Trader as well, back then).

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 27 May 2008, 09:25

sorry for the late reply, but welcome here!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 27 May 2008, 10:08

*thinks* Yeah, RT probably had such oddities as that. In fact, it probably would have started in RT since that first edition allowed everyone to have everything, which would be about the right environment for Chaos-aligned alien cults!

I never actually played 1st Ed, didn't get in to 40K until the tail end of 2nd and was so close to the release of 3rd that I never bought a 2nd Ed codex, but I've read enough of the old articles from my WD collection to pick up a bit :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)