IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Wintery/Christmas desktops?

Postby IBBoard at 15 Dec 2007, 09:49

It is fast approaching Christmas and it is definitely getting colder and frostier in a morning in the UK (trust me, I cycle to work ;) ) so I decided to update my desktop image.

Normally I wouldn't bother with anything too fancy for my desktop, but since I've started using Linux almost full-time then I've got compiz-fusion installed (massed screenshot forum) and get to see more of my desktop because I don't fullscreen windows as much (a bit like Macs do). It's actually quite good once you get used to having Firefox only being 1024 pixels wide on a 1280 monitor.

Anyway, I started using more photographic desktops as well. My normal desktop is "The Falls II" from Studio TwentyEight. For Christmas/winter I've found a great and again slightly surreal desktop here. For some reason none of the versions of the desktop are actually quite the size they say (1280x1024 is 1280x914) but it scales by that 10% without any obvious issues.

So, does anyone else have anything a bit more wintery on their desktop now?

Warning: I don't know if the site is one that has malware, since I visited under Linux. It does just download JPGs rather than Zip/Exe though, so it seems like it should be legit.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)