Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

The Interent returns!

Postby IBBoard at 26 Nov 2007, 19:37

Finally, I have Internet access again!

We moved house on the 29th, then a few days later we tried to get broadband enabled at the new house. Only problem was that the phone line BT gave us still had broadband registered to it, so all of the ISPs thought we already had broadband and wouldn't let us sign up.

That took them ten working days to disable, and then it took them another ten working days to enable the new broadband (from Sky, because we have terrible TV reception and for £1 more than we were paying for Internet then we get TV, phone and Internet). They were supposed to enable it on Friday, but apparently BT were being slow and Sky recommend giving up to three working days after the estimate so it was finally switched on today.

Over the next few days I'll hopefully be clearing the backlog of submissions to the site. Now I should be back online pretty much as often as I used to be, though.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: The Interent returns!

Postby IBBoard at 05 Dec 2007, 21:04

Having recently fried my computer's power and motherboard I've now got replacements and am back up and running again, pretty much.

Windows has finally decided to play friendly with my PCI wireless card, although reception isn't great one floor up and one room across in my Victorian red-brick terrace (so not huge rooms or big chunks of metal in the wall). Linux still has a bit of a fight to go, though.

Hopefully by the weekend everything should be back to normal again and I'll finally be able to continue where I left off.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 06 Dec 2007, 06:41

yay good to hear!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Dec 2007, 20:03

Seems the USB adapter gives a much better reception than the PCI card. The Windows side of my computer is now up and running :) If only Linux would play as nicely with the c**ppy Netgear adapter :evil: