some of my art work

<3rdln>Blackwolf
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

12%

some of my art work

Postby <3rdln>Blackwolf at 30 May 2007, 02:37

hey all i'm new here and i always loved warhammer 40k and i have made my own chapter for the tabletop and on page and planing on making it for the dow games so i thoughti would show you a little..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/wolf_blackwolf/wallpaper1.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/wolf_blackwolf/3rdln7.gif
Last edited by <3rdln>Blackwolf on 30 May 2007, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: some of my art work

Postby IBBoard at 30 May 2007, 07:07

Interesting texture, I'd like to see the chest eagle more as it looks quite different to most standard ones. It looks very similar to the Legion of the Damned, only without so many of the skulls and bones.

If this ends up as mainly a skinning thread then I'll move it over to the correct forum.

One quick request: Please use thumbnails for images that large. They may be less than 200KB, but that's still large for someone on a 56K modem and they might not want to wait for them to download before viewing the rest of the topic.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

<3rdln>Blackwolf
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

12%

Postby <3rdln>Blackwolf at 02 Jun 2007, 09:05

thank you I'll make them urls from now on. The skin I'm planing on making it for my own chapter, it will be a full race skin redoing all of the models to make them different. As of right now I have the badges done and here is some of the shots the gem emblem. It's defferent then the skull emblem for the pureity of the chapter. I have made a complete story behind this, where the chapter came from,which most of the chapter is coming from with in the imperim realm..

here are the badges, Banners and a beta skin - the flames....

BW
badges and banners

Screenshots

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/wolf_blackwolf/relic00010.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/wolf_blackwolf/relic00012.jpg
Last edited by <3rdln>Blackwolf on 02 Jun 2007, 12:43, edited 2 times in total.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 Jun 2007, 12:00

I can just about make out the eagles on those screenshots. They're certainly a different take on it - closer to the Blood Angels with their crystal teardrop. There was also one of the alternative Space Marine chests that had a round crystal on the model (for TT) but it's been a while since I've seen it.

One quick request - please use more punctuation in your posts. There's at least five or six sentences in that first paragraph and not a single fullstop.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

<3rdln>Blackwolf
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

12%

Postby <3rdln>Blackwolf at 07 Jun 2007, 07:18

This is a little about the badge and banner emblem..

About Our Emblem

The Regiments emblem is a strong graphic symbol, which mirrors the Regiments militaristic values of honor, loyalty, strength and unity.

The blood red number 3 symbolizes the ancient spirit of blood brothers or the concept of loyalty and allegiance to ones family or clan.

This is resting on the black background symbolizing strength, power and of vastness. It is also a visual translation of the French word noir, which means dark. The darkness that will envelop, put fear into our enemies and eventually it will destroy them.

The 2 swords are designed breaking over the diamond to create the sense that, although the Regiment consists of obedient soldiers they also have the capacity to think for themselves (i.e. they can think outside of the box and achieve victory by thinking laterally.)

The diamond border actually symbolizes 2 military formations. The top half of the diamond being the “Wedge” formation and the lower half being the “V” formation used in attacks and defense. It also denotes the 4 major points of a compass, representing the fact that the Regiments members are from all 4 corners of the globe.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Jun 2007, 18:16

Interesting background/explanation. A lot of people can design badges etc, but I always wonder how much thought they put into the background of why it is like it is. I've got a tiny bit of reasoning why my Waaagh! has the badge they have, but it's not much.

Brother Dienekes
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

2%

Re: some of my art work

Postby Brother Dienekes at 11 Sep 2007, 13:03

good work

Hivooh

Re: some of my art work

Postby Hivooh at 20 Sep 2007, 14:13

Brother Dienekes wrote:good work