IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

More Artwork Coming :)

Postby IBBoard at 01 Jul 2002, 21:51

I will hopefully be workingon clearing up some of my pictures to use as avatars. I have two Ork Commando heads, and two Guardsman. All four will hopefully be added soon, whenever I get round to making them look good on a black background :)

Here they are:

[Avatar removed]

<!--EDIT|The Emperor|Jul 6 2002, 08:41 PM-->
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: More Artwork Coming :)

Postby IBBoard at 05 Jul 2002, 19:16

We now have the new avatars - all four of them. They are as follows:

Two Ork Kommando heads
Imperial Guard Steel Legion trooper with gas mask
Imperial Guard Catachan trooper

Check out and enjoy my artwork :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Tea_Tree

Postby Tea_Tree at 12 Jun 2003, 10:04

Erm... I think you need more practice :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 16 Jun 2003, 08:47

meh, never claimed to be an expert :D I don't think the Orks look too far off, but the Catachan Jungle Fighter at the bottom isn't right - never have been any good at humans

Tea_Tree

Postby Tea_Tree at 17 Jun 2003, 13:20

your orks will look ok because they have a basic structure and your pictures are all the same :/you dont collect white dwarf do you? i have hundreds from issue 1 to something (collected the damn things for 5 years back in primary). The earlier issues are A3 i think in size a lot larger than the later ones. I also have a load of books

BTW how much are these things worth? I have about 2 bin bags full, got all the classic old games of space hulk, man o war, bloodbowl or something, warhammer 40,000 different editions erm...some epic game.

Got about £200 worth of paints and another £60 worth if inks.

Mirridi

Postby Mirridi at 17 Jun 2003, 17:41

Quite a lot. Epic is really rare now...how much do you have?
Oh, and does 'Mordheim' mean anything to you?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 Jun 2003, 11:22

Tea_Tree wrote:your orks will look ok because they have a basic structure and your pictures are all the same :/you dont collect white dwarf do you? i have hundreds from issue 1 to something (collected the damn things for 5 years back in primary). The earlier issues are A3 i think in size a lot larger than the later ones. I also have a load of books

BTW how much are these things worth? I have about 2 bin bags full, got all the classic old games of space hulk, man o war, bloodbowl or something, warhammer 40,000 different editions erm...some epic game.

Got about £200 worth of paints and another £60 worth if inks.

:o early White Dwarf :o I'm trying to collect as many as I can :) I started with issue 177, they are in the 280s now, but I've got a collection all the way back to about the 130s for certain, maybe back to the 110s :) got a couple before then, including one that is as old as me :D
As for how much they are worth, it depends. I got a huge box of about 50 mags, in the 120-220ish range for about £30 off eBay, and I know a shop in Yorkshire that sells them for cover price. Checking eBay now I find issue 169 on 50p with a day to go, and issue 95 also on a day to go at £2.50.
Some more searching and I get:
29WDs and extra bits
issue 25 at £5.50, 3 bids, 20hours left
issue 27 at £1.20, 2 bids, 21 hours left
And plenty more of the same era on only about £1 with 1 bid! (damnit, must look at bidding on some of those early ones :))
And the classic old games :) cool :) I've got some of the even older ones that were more Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone than GW :D including the "Warlock of Firetop Mountain" game :D
Any chance of a more accurate list of what you've got and what you might sell? :) wouldn't be able to get any of it until we were back at Uni, but oh well :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 Jun 2003, 21:02

OK, just won a couple of auctions recently.
Issues 90 and 93 - £2.20 each
Issues 98-111 (13 issues from '88/'89 I think) £13.25 for the lot
But then like I showed, there are some going cheaper, some more expensive - it all varies (as do so much on eBay)