Planet Omega RPG

redterror117

Planet Omega RPG

Postby redterror117 at 26 Nov 2006, 18:55

the story so far...

While searching the galaxy for information about the tyranid race, Inquisitor Kryptman discovered a new planet, which was called planet Omega. There, he discovers the ruins of an ancient temple that highlights the past of an ancient and unknown race. This new race has been in constant war with the tyranid race. The planet is home to hundreds of flora and fauna. However, the planet shadows a dark secret, a weapon of mass destruction that was built to destroy hive fleets. If in the wrong hands, it can wipe out all life faster than the tyranids can. Inquisitor Kryptman isn't the only one that has discovered the location of this planet. Other races have come to claim the planet and weapon for their own purposes...

the planet has 7 large land masses. theres mostly jungles, a few deserts, 2 artic poles, and various mountains and volcanoes. The ruins of the "hidden ones" are scattered all over the planet.

now the key to the planet's weapon lies in 4 "keys". they are scattered in the farthest regions of the north, south, east, and west. each one is guarded by a powerful beast, so take heed.

Title edited by IBBoard

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Planet Omega RPG

Postby IBBoard at 26 Nov 2006, 19:09

Sound like an interesting teaser :) Although I'm sure the far reaches of the east of a planet are about the same as the far reaches of the west ;)

Is this an already written story, or something you've got the idea for an are just starting?
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

redterror117

Postby redterror117 at 26 Nov 2006, 19:41

its an RPG that i made in may when i got really bored.

theres a site for it made, but its only a freewebs, and i think it should be improved
http://www.freewebs.com/planetomega

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 26 Nov 2006, 21:30

Ah, okay, would be interesting to see how the storyline develops and what kind of plot you could pull from an RPG.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

redterror117

Postby redterror117 at 26 Nov 2006, 23:43

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 27 Nov 2006, 08:39

*shudder* Lots of Proboards there then. Some fairly bad colour schemes for the eyes as well.

So now we know where's running it, is there anything more of a story to this, or just an intro to the RPG you're running in several other places?

redterror117

Postby redterror117 at 28 Nov 2006, 00:41

Hidden Ones
the Hidden Ones have a special abillity, which allows them to pick up any weapon, and use it as if they had gone through serious training for many years (so they would have a high BS and WS). They are usually seen carrying many different weapons (which include ork, eldar, imperial, space marine, chaos, kroot, and many other weapons from other armies, except for tyranid and necron), and can also be accompanied with mechanical best created from alien metals. The Hidden Ones are extremely agile, and are able to craft amulets that grant the user special powers. Some have been rumored to wield powerful psychic, and be accompanied with powerful beasts...
Also, they are rumored to be the ones who built the "weapon" in the planet...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Nov 2006, 08:28

I'll take that as an RPG rather than a story. I'll move this to "Sideline Games" and edit the title as there's currently not a real fiction element to it.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Jan 2007, 16:55

It's been over a month since you said anything about the RPG. Because of that I'll assume you're not going to try to progress it at all and lock the thread.

Please PM me if you want to progress this any further and I'll re-open it if necessary.