IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Exclusive screenshots on Relic News

Postby IBBoard at 14 Jul 2006, 08:06

Buggo, from Relic, has released some exclusive screenshots on the Relic News Forums. These screenshots are not to be found on any of the other sites, such as IGN or GameSpot etc!

Discussion is going crazy over there, but it does look like Vespid's are in the Tau army (unsuprisingly) and the fact that they're using Blood Angels could mean that the campaign will be Blood Angels based. Then again it could not.

Also, there's what people are guessing are Grey Knights in Power Armour hiding on the horizon of both shots.

It all looks interesting so far, and it'd be great if they were Grey Knights, although Chaos people are bound to complain they're being targetted, and stupider Marines players will complain they're too expensive when they're not much better than normal Marines against Orks, Tau, Necrons, Eldar and Guard!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

RE: Exclusive screenshots on Relic News

Postby TGSC at 14 Jul 2006, 15:26

want to re-host them for people who can't be bothered to sign up to Relic forums? :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 15 Jul 2006, 07:52

Ah, didn't realise they were attached! Shouldn't really re-host them, though, since they're supposed to be exclusives :\

There's only actually two screenies at the moment, and the main fights aren't hugely unexpected (Tau Battlesuit Vs Tactical Blood Angel, with a big blue Tau explosion in the back, and Necron in foreground running along shooting, while Lord throws some Tactical Marines up in the air) but it's the little details that they're teasing with. For the actual detail, check out Ap0k's post, which is an image hosted on another domain.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 Jul 2006, 08:40

I've just realised that Buggo later posted some huge version of the screenies (1600x1200). They're linked to his folder on the main relic.com site, so they should be accessible to all (registered or not) :)

Also, Buggo has posted some DC Concept Art. Nothing too unique yet, but interesting none the less.

caelien
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby caelien at 29 Jul 2006, 09:09

smeg me, those ARE grey knights in the background! Gonna hazard a guess, in WA all the races got new units (chaplains for Marines, Fire Dragons for Eldar, etc) I have a feeling these will be a new unit rather than an actual standalone army. Still bloody brilliant, though :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Jul 2006, 09:17

But what race would they be new units for? Normal Space Marines don't just get to summon Grey Knights on a whim. I think they're going to be a new cameo/NPC unit, a little like Toth and the Guard were in DoW.

Also, Tranj (the THQ rep on Relic Forums) has previously said that there won't be any new units, although he later hinted that maybe he wasn't telling the whole truth. That could mean he was out-and-out lying (which I think is unlikely) or my guess is that he meant the hero customisation or similar.

caelien
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby caelien at 29 Jul 2006, 09:21

Ah, good point about only being used in story mode, never thought of that. It's certainly more than possible. And may even pave the way for another expansion, with the army's of the inquisition?!?

Or am I just jumping the gun?

(mmm, nuns with guns)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Jul 2006, 10:21

Possibly another expansion, although large amounts of the community would complain that we don't need another Imperial army and that the nuns with guns are too similar to Space Marines (although the people who say that obviously aren't 40K fans, just DoW fans).

Personally, I'd rather have DoW2 (which has been hinted at but never confirmed/denied) with all new graphics (Company of Heroes engine, with destructable terrain and troops making proper use of the cover) but that's for another thread :)