Chapters in Dawn Of War

caelien
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Chapters in Dawn Of War

Postby caelien at 03 Jul 2006, 13:16

Well the new Dawn Of War expansion is out soon. As I mentioned in my Preview Clip thread the Blood Ravens were featured but may not necessarily be in the final game. After the Ravens were in DOW and the Ultramarines in WA, who would you guys like to see in Dark Crusade. In fact, let's not limit it to Marines, which Craftworlds/Chaos Legion/Ork Clan would you guys like to see, and why?

Personally, I'd like to see the Imperial Fistsas the main Chapter. I just think they'd look good against any bleak city backgrounds

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Chapters in Dawn Of War

Postby IBBoard at 04 Jul 2006, 09:40

If they don't include the Blood Ravens in the campaign (likely, since they're not in the correct area for the Tau, IIRC) then I'd say Black Templars might be a good alternative. They won't work so well with the Codex unit structure, but they've fit the Dark Crusade theme and I think they have a crusade fleet out there. Other than that, it'd have to be someone fairly codex, and already in the game (there are 8 default teamcolours and the game seems to revolve around there being 8 ) so possibly Imperial Fists? Although I think DC will be mainly plains/deserts rather than city.

As for Craftworlds, Legions and Clans, I'm not sure. Goffs are always good for a war, although generic Freebooterz lets you go for all sorts. Legion-wise it could be most of them in it, although the Word Bearers would be good for their Dark whatever-he's-called. Craftworlds are difficult, though, as I'm not sure who's in the area.
Last edited by IBBoard on 06 Jul 2006, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

caelien
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby caelien at 06 Jul 2006, 09:01

From looking at the clip I know the planet is called Kronus and it looks very desert-y (is desert-y even a word?) does that help?

I suppose it doesn't matter who's out there, as you could say the antagonists were a splinter fleet. Heck, no-one except Helbrecht knows how many Black Templar crusades there are, or even where they are, so Templars are feasible

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Jul 2006, 22:26

Desert-y is a word to me - anything with "-y" on the end is a descriptive version of the word. "It's very Windows-y", for example :D

As for the Black Templars, yeah, I did get the feeling that they weren't exactly the most cooperative on giving all of their current locations. I haven't read the full codex or anything though. Ultramarines are, IIRC, in the wrong area, as were the Blood Ravens and probably the Blood Angels. Actually, I don't have a clue what Marine chapters are actually in the Tau-expansion area :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

caelien
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby caelien at 07 Jul 2006, 12:40

The Black Templars definitely are in the Tau Expansion area cos they have chapter keeps on Nimbosa. Also the Raven Guard fought on Nimbosa (as stated in Codex Space Marines) The Raptors featured in Forgeworlds 'Taros Campaign' against the Tau as well.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Jul 2006, 13:45

Raven Guard are a possibility then, since they're already in the list of teamcolours (IIRC). I don't remember the Raptors being in there, though.

Must say I've never read Codex: Marines much :D Give me lots of mean and green any day!

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 08 Jul 2006, 13:42

It'd be nice to see GW bring back some remnant chapter - the Scythes of the Emperor for example. Just for fun....

Personally, I'd like to be able to pick from a selection of main Chapters, rather than just one. Obviously, this would have to be limited to say 4 or so, but it would be cool.

As for Chaos: if it's cities you're fighting in then Iron Warriors all the way. It might be interesting to see DoW do the Thousand Sons, too, who IIRC wren't in the colour schemes for Chaos in DoW or WA.

As for the Orks and Eldar; Goffs and Ulthwe.
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

In a galaxy of a million worlds, what does the death of one matter?

Simguinus, Chief Historitor

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/p ... e_id=66353