Librarian in Dawn of war

Space marine

Librarian in Dawn of war

Postby Space marine at 09 Apr 2006, 14:21

Hey, I didn't know that charachters could perform killing moves, because, for example when the Force Commander or Librarian was in colose combat, they never did any killing moves, but i have now seen the Librarian perform a killing move vs. the Eldar avatar, in which he is knocked to the ground, rolls over and zaps the avatar with some lightning from his fingers, he then grabs his staff and bonks the avatar on the head. Now, I was wondering whether the chaplain vs. Bloodthirster scene in winter assault was actually a killing move or just a well choreographed fight. I checked this and it is indeed a killing move, so it appears that charachters will do killing moves vs. huge monsters. NOTE: The ork warboss + mek always did have killing moves, because they ARE huge monsters, but the SM charachters and the eldar Farseer + the Chaos charachters certainly didn't have any. The Imperial guard do. My point is, it seems that the long waited for (in my oppinion) apperance of a killing move for the SM charachters was always there, but they could only ever utilize them against monsters.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Librarian in Dawn of war

Postby IBBoard at 09 Apr 2006, 15:23

Yeah, they're called Synch-Kills. Relic reworked the way they did them in patch 1.4 so that they were more generalisable, but they've been there for a while. The Force Commander and the Bloodthirster is the main one I know of - where he gets on its back and hits it with his Daemon Hammer. They used it in the original TV adverts for DoW as well, IIRC.

I think Synch-Kills are usually quite a high probability of occuring, but not everyone has one against everything. A Guardsman and a Space Marine won't have anything particularly special, for example.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Space marine

Postby Space marine at 09 Apr 2006, 16:23

No, I was just meaning that hte FC, Librarian and Farseer didn't seem to have any sync-kills against normal-sized enemies. The wierd thing is, I once charged my FC into close combat, and loadso f the orks did a motion as if he was doing a sync-kill, but he didn't, he just moved on th the next enemies.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Apr 2006, 16:59

There were some bugs at some point, I think. Part of it could be the game engine getting confused as to what it should be synch-killing against. I'd have to look in to it more to find out, though.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)