Second Dawn of War Expansion Pack! Second race now known!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Second Dawn of War Expansion Pack! Second race now known!

Postby IBBoard at 30 Jan 2006, 16:50

OK, so I'm hoping on the Relic Forums bandwagon and announcing it here too :D

You can find the press release at Corporate Internet Relations or Yahoo (both identical)

Apparently Tau are in the new mod, as are an unnamed new race. Looks like I've got a lot of playing to do if I want to complete DoW and get WA started and finished before the provisional release date of Autumn 06 :D

Skinning Tau could be interesting, and I'd like to know what the other race is. Now, need to go and look into some Tau codexes...

[edit] Oh, and Relic have previously said that the DoW engine won't do justice to the Tyranids and so they would not be in any expansion pack. This means that the second race will not be Nids. Possibly in a revised engine for Dawn of War 2, or you can get the unofficial mod, but Games Workshop would only approve work they are happy with and if Relic don't think the engine would do them justice, they won't be released.
Last edited by IBBoard on 20 Apr 2006, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

clampy125

RE: Second Dawn of War Expansion Pack! Second race now known!

Postby clampy125 at 31 Jan 2006, 18:42

If you want to know, the Tau are a young race who are technologically advanced, even matching up to that tech of the eldar. The only problem is that they are a bunch of panzies when it comes to close quaters combat, as they are pretty much as bad as gretchin.
If you want I will send you a pic of one of my Tau warriors i have so you can start planning skins for them.

Thanks,
Chris

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 31 Jan 2006, 18:50

I know general Tau info, how they're all shooty, no combat (except Kroot and now Vespids), I know their basic look, I just don't know what alternatives they have. Every Tau force I've seen is pretty much one colour body and different colour heads. I'll have to check closer to the time and see what GW have on their website.

As for the photos, thanks but I'm ok :) Feel free to create an article about how you collect or paint them and then submit it, though :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

solidzaku

Postby solidzaku at 31 Jan 2006, 22:43

Oy, now we'll get to get munched on by Khorne Berserkers for "The Greater Good". I like how they added The Greater Good in the companies pitch.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Feb 2006, 09:43

LOL! So they did. Never noticed that :D

Can't quite see Berserkers yelling "Skulls for The Greater Good" though!

Space marine

Postby Space marine at 09 Apr 2006, 14:14

There is a very hollow rumour that the second race may be necrons

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Apr 2006, 15:28

It is likely to be Tau along with Necrons, Dark Eldar or some Inquisitorial branch such as Witch Hunters (with Sisters of Battle), since there aren't any other 'races' that exist. Necrons are getting a lot of rumours because "they already exist in WA and they've already done the models", but personally I don't see that as a very effective argument when the Guard were in DoW even more and all of their models were redone for WA.

We shall have to wait and see :)

Space marine

Postby Space marine at 09 Apr 2006, 16:21

They certainly did a good job on the WA Necrons though.

Space marine

Postby Space marine at 12 Apr 2006, 13:46

Oh, and the guard were in DoW, but alot of people didn't like them, so they were re-done. Can't see why they'd need to make new voice clips too, though.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 Apr 2006, 18:04

No-one said the Guard weren't in DoW.

As for redoing the models, I suspect Relic would have done that anyway. If they hadn't, there'd have been complaints that they were only giving a half-hearted expansion pack where most of the work was already done, and so why wasn't X, Y and Z included? And why was A, B and C not done in ways E, F and G with feature Q added as well?

Space marine

Postby Space marine at 16 Apr 2006, 16:05

No,no, I didn't mean that they were in as in I was correcting someone, but i meant it as in, yes, they were in it, but......

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 16 Apr 2006, 18:06

Ah, ok. Minor confusion there. Personally, I don't see much wrong with the Guard in DoW. Maybe they weren't quite as polished as in WA, but they were supposed to be more of a PDF force than a main Cadian regiment or anything like that.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 Apr 2006, 09:05

Breaking news: Second Race 'officially' announced!

The download category has been updated to represent the fact that it is now known to be Necrons. I wonder what goodies they'll release at e3... :)