IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Dawn Of War And New Downloads

Postby IBBoard at 29 Dec 2004, 21:21

Just a quick note - I got Dawn of War for christmas! Still got to get home to my own PC, so I've not played it properly yet, but it looks amazing, and I love the skinning :) Hopefully going to have some new Space Marine patterns on the website soon at the least, plus a quick little app that'll automatically switch them for you - should be able to do it in a day :)

If anyone makes anything good that they'd like to be distributed *looks at TGSC* just submit it or email it to me :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 31 Dec 2004, 16:17

The first version of my little utility is up, and I've got more ideas to add to it :) check it out in the Downloads section (although I think my "new" calculation is out cos the old skins were showing up new and the new utility wasn't last I looked :blink: )

<!--EDIT|The Emperor|Dec 31 2004, 04:18 PM-->
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 31 Dec 2004, 16:25

What does this actually do, does this util import wtp files or tgas?

I take it you edit the tgas to make the patterns then create wtp files from the tgas, then you put the wtps in the pattern\whatever directories and it moves them to the relavant dir in the data folders.

Any Info on how the import and merge function works? I presume you couldnt get it to merge say howling griffons blue quaters and crimsons fists crimson fist.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 Jan 2005, 20:00

You put your WTP files in the sub folders of the patterns directory (I'm expecting most people to be downloading WTPs from websites, such as HWT :) ) and the app basically copies them across to the relevant race folder. Import and Merge is for when you have a howling griffons quarters for Space Marines and a new Captain that has Trim colour on its cloak (I think its a separate file) and you've downloaded them from two different places, put them in two folders and want to use them both. Because they are in different folders, hitting "import" for the second would delete the first.

My ideas for the next version include recording what files are currently installed from which folders, and a step on from that of having configs/pattern settings, so you can save the howling griffon/posh cloak combo of files and a separate Always Gold Eagle/posh cloak combo so you can then easily re-load them later.

I'll look at improving the Readme when I get home, so that people know more what to put where.

Have you got any pattern files yet? or were the Crimson Fists and Howling Griffons just an idea?

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 03 Jan 2005, 01:07

Ive not got round to doing any yet, Ive got to experiment with the texture files and figure out what goes where and does what

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 Jan 2005, 13:53

The TGAs seem ok - I think the hardest part will be working out where the thin bits are wrapped (I'm assuming they're should pad trim since they were on the trim page). From that tutorial you read, I think you can ignore the histogram or whatever the colour balance was - as long as you just do what I'm going to do and copy and paste the various grey bits between layers.
I'll create a new thread for my ideas - let other people add their own. And when I've got a better little app going (hopefully the end of the week should see improvements), any chance of you going pimping it on the DoW forums? :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Jan 2005, 22:24

Woot! Got my app in working order :) Please test it peeps :)
Now to make it look better and get it advertised on Relic Forums - although that can wait for later.