Dawn of war - Soulstorm Tactics

saphire krakens
4th Year Cadet
4th Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

95%

Dawn of war - Soulstorm Tactics

Postby saphire krakens at 28 Sep 2010, 23:26

In Dawn of war Soulstorm i usually play space marines and i try to get a SR and an OR so i can get a librarian, terminators and terminator assault squad, then i buy a Chaplain and grey knights (and a commander if you dont have one)
I attach the librarian to the assault terminators
The chaplain to the grey Knights
and the commander to the terminators,
I put all of the terminators in the Barracks (Deep strike)
Then i send the grey knights to find the enemy base so the terminators can deep strike into the field
And annihilate your foes

I also Play Tau and i usually get 2 hammerhead gunships and up to 6 sky rays
But if you want a defensive i can get 2-4 Battle suits (not crisis) ,3-6 firewarrior teams and a couple of pathfinders (for those sneaky buggers)

But i play Eldar as well and i always cloak my base and maybe build more than one then i get as many warp spider teams as i can for a fast but deadly attack

but these tactics can also be used in Dark crusade and maybe in 2 (never played it)

saphire krakens
4th Year Cadet
4th Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

95%

Re: Dawn of war - Soulstorm Tactics

Postby saphire krakens at 12 Oct 2010, 06:28

But i still need a good tactic for taking care of strongholds and other factions

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Dawn of war - Soulstorm Tactics

Postby IBBoard at 12 Oct 2010, 11:59

Sorry, it has been ages since I played DoW. I'm not even sure how much I actually played Soulstorm - I think I was still trying to find time to finish Dark Crusade, but had SS to do the texturing.

Generally I used to use a large standing army of Devestators, Terminators and Land Raider's (i.e. lots of heavy weapons - preferably a mix of Heavy Bolter-style and anti-tank) and marched across the map, rebuilding as I lost units. It worked well enough against the AI at the difficulty I played at, but I suspect I'd have got massacred by tougher AI or real humans!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)