WAR

NBKFuzzy
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

68%

WAR

Postby NBKFuzzy at 11 Sep 2009, 05:01

SO I have stated playing WAR(Warhammer: Age of Reckoning) mythics mmo in the Warhammer Fantasy world. I am a Dark Elf Blackguard and just wondering if anybody played :).
My muse is a fickle bitch, with a short attention span.

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Re: WAR

Postby stfas at 11 Sep 2009, 21:38

did, got bored, like with most games (low attention span?)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 Sep 2009, 07:22

I've looked at it and considered it and was watching and saving the concept art from the website at the moment, but I've not got the time or money. Some of the concepts look great, but there's a serious MMO-player in my office at work and he tried it to move away from WoW but said it wasn't quite as good.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

NBKFuzzy
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

68%

Postby NBKFuzzy at 13 Sep 2009, 10:09

WoW is fun. I played since launch until now. I am just fed up with it. You get to max level, and if you dont want to play 24/7 you can't really pvp. At the moment, if you didn't get a head start in the PvE raiding environment at launch of the expansion, your basically screwed. There is a massive gap of gear that most players don't want to take the newer lvl80's due to not being geared enough. So it comes to a stand still. Not to mention the game has never, and will never, be balanced in pvp. One class always seems to dominate.

WAR is different. Its very different from WoW, almost so different its hard to compare. WAR looks a lot better (in my opinion, some would disagree) and has unique classes. No two classes are alike, and instead of picking a race and class combo, each race has 4 unique classes(the exception being the Greenskins with two goblins and two orcs). One of the biggest issues I have with MMO's is the look of your character. You play a paladin in wow but level up looking nothing like one, with the random pieces of gear you find off anything. With WAR, each class has its own unique gear only it can use, so you always have your unique look.

I recently upgraded my game to a full account and with that I have really decided to choose Order over Destruction. I am now playing a Knight of the Blazing Sun, Empire of course. Also a High Elf Shadow Warrior.

And to IBBoard, most of that concept actually did make it to the game.

If your interested, http://www.warhammeronline.com/trial/in ... 6BRD-TRPTI

That is the 10 day trial. Its 100% free for 10 days of play with a few restrictions. It will only allow you to get to level 10, and play in tier 1 on realms Badlands and Phoenix Throne. I play Order on the Badlands realm, my characters are Steeliris(shadow warrior) and Sunbrand(kotbs). Destruction on Phoenix Throne, Azlindaz(Blackguard) and Gutspilla(black orc).

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 Sep 2009, 14:08

I'm interested, but ignoring the monthly cost I still don't have time to play these MMOs. Far too many other projects, not to mention the family :)

The concept art did seem better than the WoW graphics - more of a gritty and real look to it from what I remember. I think the guy at work had a situation where he had far more friends in WoW anyway, but there was something other than his general dislike of GW that made him ditch the game and stick with WoW. He admitted that it was a good game, but I think WoW just has the impetus to keep it in the lead.

In general, WAR seems to have some superior concepts, but I think WoW has the "street cred" at the moment, so WAR (and probably the LotR game to a lesser extent, since that apparently is a bit poor) can't break in, look more like copies to the uninitiated, or just generally have "bad connotations" with the people who remember geeky Warhammer players at school :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

NBKFuzzy
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

68%

Postby NBKFuzzy at 13 Sep 2009, 20:23

Only thing that will probably break WoW is Star Wars: The Old Republic, or Blizzards new MMO. Like you said, street cred of WoW is way to big. Star Wars Galaxies when it launched was rediculously popular, but sony revamped it into a horrible game and most players left for WoW. Star Wars holds a massive fanbase. Blizzards new MMO is probably going to trump it simply because they own WoW and can't really make a game that could be considered worse.

That being said, WAR is still really fun, it seems most players are ex-WoW players who got bored with it like me. Its very different, and there is still hundreds of thousands of players.