Dawn of War 2

Crusader
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

28%

Re: Dawn of War 2

Postby Crusader at 08 Oct 2008, 18:17

Just noticed play.com have it available on pre order already £24.99 as well, due for release 27/03/2009

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Oct 2008, 19:53

I'd be dubious of how much of that is guesswork. Quite a few games get initial release dates on websites that get pushed back. From what I remember reading so far then March is a bit early - I thought it was due in at least Q2 (April-June) if not Q3 (July-September). At least they still give you a good discount on it, though.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Crusader
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

28%

Postby Crusader at 09 Oct 2008, 10:36

Yeah i thought march was a bit early too, possibly just trying to get a step ahead of other retailers by getting lots of pre orders.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Oct 2008, 18:33

Given the narrow margins that places like Play.com must have with the discount they give, that wouldn't be unusual. I think the release of every major game comes with some guessing on release date to try to secure orders. IIRC Duke Nukem Forever has had pages with release dates on Amazon before now, and it's one of the best known "vapour-ware" games ever!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Previous