I just got the Halved Marines mod for DC and i need help

T-5A
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

18%

I just got the Halved Marines mod for DC and i need help

Postby T-5A at 22 Mar 2008, 13:18

When i load the actual mod it opens up fine, but in the painter when i load the Halved Space Marines it says "Bad Model: Check Log"
What does this mean and how can i fix it? any help would be great!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: I just got the Halved Marines mod for DC and i need help

Postby IBBoard at 22 Mar 2008, 13:26

Firstly, wrong forum. It's marginally skin related, but we've got a "Sideline Games" forum for other GW games and computer games so I'll move it to there.

Secondly, the pink box means that it couldn't find the model or the model was corrupt and that it has a message in the log file (it should be in warnings.log).

Thirdly, have you read the readme? There are instructions in there on how to install the mod and it sounds like you haven't followed them.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

T-5A
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

18%

Postby T-5A at 22 Mar 2008, 13:38

I did, I read it and followed them. And i put it in here because i didnt think it was really about skins...as its not, its about a game not working lol
P.s : that didnt help xD

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 Mar 2008, 13:48

General Chat is for general chat. Anything GW related has a relevant category under the "Games Workshop" grouping.

If the Halved Marines are showing as pink boxes then the models don't exist, which means the installer failed (which should normally leave an error in the log).

Try running the installer again and taking note of any error messages. If that doesn't work then check the HalvedMarines_Mod/install.log file for details of the install. You should have a long list of "Extraction of file..." messages interspersed with times of the command run and what the command was.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)