Seven
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

4%

Adding space marine skins in DC

Postby Seven at 23 Jul 2007, 13:20

Hi there.

I just got DC today and thought that I would try to install some of the full army schemes from the site. Now I've installed them to both the dxp2 and the w40k /data/art/ebps/races/space_marines_race/texture_share and it didn't work. I also tried space_marines, space_marine and space_marine_race but I couldn't get it to work. Whenever I load either a skirmish map or the army painter, the only army's that are available are the standard ones. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what it is that I'm doing wrong.

Thanks
Seven

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Re: Adding space marine skins in DC

Postby stfas at 23 Jul 2007, 14:06

was it from normal dow/wa? it only works with dc skins in dc

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Adding space marine skins in DC

Postby IBBoard at 23 Jul 2007, 15:22

stfas: DoW and WA skins, badges, banners, teamcolours and everything else on the site work in DC (and visa versa). The only exceptions are commander textures (since DC changed things so they could have equipment) and mods (which are very much game specific as a rule)

Seven: If you mean full army schemes in the way that they're name on the site then they don't go in that folder. Badges go in the /badges/ folder, banners in the /banners/ folder and teamcolours in one of a variety of folders (see the FAQ).

If you mean textures, then the path looks correct. Which files are you trying? Are they in a sub-folder of texture_share? (that'll cause them to not work) and have you tried the Pattern Switcher?

Also, if you mean textures/skins then you won't get new races, just replacement textures. Army schemes should show up as new armies in the army list for the race, though.

Moving to the correct forum.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Seven
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

4%

Postby Seven at 23 Jul 2007, 15:42

I figured out it was just me being n00b. I wanted to do team colours but I kept putting them in the wrong places and that's why it didn't work. I got the schemes folder to turn up once I did my own one in game and once I put the rest in there it started to work.

Thanks anyhow. :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 Jul 2007, 17:07

For future reference, if a folder doesn't already exist then all you need to do is create it.

Folders don't exist because the game hasn't had need for them (i.e. it hasn't had to save anything in there) so rather than have a full directory structure of empty folders created by the installer, the game just creates folders as and when they're needed.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)