IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Talisman makes a return!

Postby IBBoard at 22 Jun 2007, 19:12

Not content with re-releasing Mighty Empires (although it does appear to be a touch different to the original) Games Workshop is also re-releasing Talisman, its board game from 1983.

I've already got copies of the first and second editions, I believe (and possibly a duplicate of one of those) but even the second edition came out not long after the first. There was a third edition in the early 90s, but that's still a long time since its last release.

The interesting thing to note from a techy point of view is that GW are also taking advantage of YouTube to post a Talisman Trailer. While the trailer looks quite good and is well designed, I think the could have chosen a better picture for the "mighty weapons" :D

There's also apparently an up-coming Talisman computer game, which looks like it's from the 90s, but will (according to Wikipedia) be a downloadable game for Playstation and XBox with Windows to follow.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)