IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Games Workshop price increases

Postby IBBoard at 06 Apr 2007, 16:22

Just been reading through this month's White Dwarf (I'm a bit behind on my magazine reading again) and saw the following announcement in the news:

ADVANCE NEWS - PRICE CHANGES
As of the 30th April, Games Workshop UK will be changing the prices on a selection of our products. To give you as much notice as possible, so you can get your products at the current price, we've listed the major changes below:

• All blister and boxes priced £9 will increase by £1
  • All blister and boxes priced £10 will increase by £2

You still have several weeks to get these products at the old prices, so why not take full advantage of this notification!

I'm not planning on buying anything (just tallied up and I've still got a load of models to paint to make my 2000pt Ork army) but others who plan to buy sometime soon should take note.

Don't forget that this will also affect any stores similar to those listed in our GW on a budget article.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Cheezo
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

34%

RE: Games Workshop price increases

Postby Cheezo at 07 Apr 2007, 06:02

You would think they were increased enough! :roll:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Apr 2007, 08:31

Yeah, but while there's some whiney kid who can pester their parents, or some older guy with a job who has that bit more disposable income then why stop increasing prices? :D

On the plus side, at least they give you a bit of warning. On the minus side, GW no longer do those "25% off boxed games" and "10% off anything" vouchers that they used to do for store openings, and it's been a long time since they had any form of sale (I'm fairly sure they used to have some kind of "excess stock" sale at the end of January/beginning of February so that most people would have spent Christmas money and then be dragged in to buying more "because it's cheap"). I still remember the "we're moving from lead-based to white metal models" sale, though :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Cheezo
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Cheezo at 07 Apr 2007, 09:06

Yeah...my friend's little brother is one of those little whiny kids :D

Roesor

Postby Roesor at 26 Sep 2007, 11:52

I was also dismayed to find pricies up again..not only that..but my main purchase (your standard pack of 5 plastic space marines) now only contained three marines; i stopped colecting until the place where i bought from (Waterstones) stopped stocking them and slashed prices. So i saved money! O.o And went in with £40 but found them all sold...blaggards!
However i did get 18 free pots of paint ^_^

(In relation to the lateness of replying to this topic..it was found while i was searching for a price list for the Ardale centres GW ltd.)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 26 Sep 2007, 21:02

Do you mean the Arndale Centre? The one in Manchester? They'll be exactly the same as on the GW website.

If you want cheaper models and don't want specific ones then the best way to go definitely seems to be online stores with discounts or stores clearing out stock (which is how I got lots of cheap paints, but the older Citadel ones that are no longer branded as Citadel but which stay liquid much longer and were easier to get into than the original 'new' stubby pots).

Lord Of Darkness
1st Year Cadet
1st Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

20%

Re: Games Workshop price increases

Postby Lord Of Darkness at 12 Oct 2008, 13:46

hi guys just new to the foram. I am a big 40k fan I have just started building a Imp army, and since the new price hike now is makeing me think twice about continuing.
I found a online pertition.
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/ ... cgi?eg126s
hope you guys sighn it. I am boycoting GW stores from now on untill prices go down.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Games Workshop price increases

Postby IBBoard at 12 Oct 2008, 15:09

This topic is for a previous price hike. The latest one was mentioned in another thread.

I doubt it'll make GW pay attention (as long as the money is still coming in then there'll be enough people still buying for them to be happy) but I've signed it anyway. Not that I've bought any GW products in a while (I bought some individual parts a while back for a conversion, and the stuff before that was from one of our Games Workshop on a budget listed stores), but I do agree that the prices are getting a bit stupid. I remember the days of three metal High Elf spearmen or four Goblins for £5 or the champion (Goblins had two model, IIRC) for £3!