If i recal!

Your a nerd

If i recal!

Postby Your a nerd at 20 Jan 2007, 03:07

The reason i stopped playing this game yeras ago due to the silliness of everyone complaining that you couldn't do that or this, infact the problem became so mainstream that everyturn would turn into a 10 minuit debate about whether or not the move was valid, resulting in the rulebook being brought out everyturn. I really hope now 5 years on that people have grown up and acepted this as a game and not some escape from reality into a fantasy world where they are trying to be defeated; and they even cheat to win, i mean how come 1 space marine took out a vindicator tank, no no that doesnt happen in a non cheating game, but it does in a cheaters game and as far as i recall there was a lot of that alway happening, anyway i wasen't bashing this game there, it's a really good game and painting rocks.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: If i recal!

Postby IBBoard at 20 Jan 2007, 09:48

A Marine could take out a Vindicator, depending on what he was armed with and how lucky he was, just like a normal trooper today could take out a tank if he had anti-tank weaponry/grenades and was very lucky. A more balanced comparison may even be a normal trooper taking out a Humvee, since the comparative armour of Humvee Vs Human is closer to Marine Vs Vindicator than Human Vs Tank.

As for gamers, I've not seen much cheating, and 3rd/4th edition doesn't normally resort to the rulebook much. They're nice flowing games that revolve mainly around strategy and quick, casualty filled clashes.

I'm sure there'll still be some people trying to cheat, but then there always will be in whatever you do. Some people just have too much 'pride' in their work and don't want to be beaten. Just try to play on Veterans night and you'll normally get better battles.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)