Who has the best chances to win??

Street

RE: Who has the best chances to win??

Postby Street at 22 Apr 2001, 22:09

Chaos or the Imperium, let the debate begin.......

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 07 May 2001, 20:50

*coughs*chaos*coughs*<p>we tempt marines to our side & gain warriors, you weaklings purge us, you are scared of what you do not understand

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 12 May 2001, 19:27

Eventually the triumph of Chaos is inevitable as the Imperium is assulted from all sides by a huge amount of enemies , e.g Orks, Eldar, Tyranids etc

Foul Spawn

Postby Foul Spawn at 12 May 2001, 23:12

Chaos will win, most of the Space Marine Chapters have been slowly killed off, and there isnt much stopping Chaos from swollowing t he Universe, like it did to most of the Eldar one.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 14 May 2001, 20:28

Quote: from Tech Priest Squeak on 8:27 pm on May 12, 2001
Eventually the triumph of Chaos is inevitable as the Imperium is assulted from all sides by a huge amount of enemies , e.g Orks, Eldar, Tyranids etc
<p>Ah, but do the Eldar not help in a way which is advantageous to them?
In that case, they may be helping the Chaos by attacking the Imperium, so that Chaos will be weaker in the future.
Only the pure unswerving faith of the Imperium could have saved them.  Although now the truth has been revealed about the Inquisition, I believe that all of that has failed
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 16 May 2001, 20:24

the Imperium is very vunerable because its survival depends on the survival of Earth and the Emperor. what would happen if Warp storms cut off Earth and the Black Arks couldn't get through?

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 16 May 2001, 20:30

Quote: from The Emperor on 9:28 pm on May 14, 2001
In that case, they may be helping the Chaos by attacking the Imperium, so that Chaos will be weaker in the future.
Only the pure unswerving faith of the Imperium could have saved them. Although now the truth has been revealed about the Inquisition, I believe that all of that has failed
<p>its true the Eldar do only what is good for them but they will face the Armies of Chaos wherever they can (i'm talking about Craftworld Eldar not Dark Eldar)
Generally they will attck the Imperium to prevent a Chaos uprising in later years or something simialr.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 May 2001, 20:24

Quote: from Tech Priest Squeak on 9:30 pm on May 16, 2001
Quote: from The Emperor on 9:28 pm on May 14, 2001
Only the pure unswerving faith of the Imperium could have saved them. Although now the truth has been revealed about the Inquisition, I believe that all of that has failed
<p>its true the Eldar do only what is good for them but they will face the Armies of Chaos wherever they can (i'm talking about Craftworld Eldar not Dark Eldar)
Generally they will attck the Imperium to prevent a Chaos uprising in later years or something simialr.
<p>Therefore the Imperium have the advantage of the suppor t of the Eldar and their technology. There Farseers can tell what is going to happen, and they can manouver to react to events in the future. Because the Craftworld Eldar hate Chaos (especially Slaanesh) this means that the Imperium have the advantage.<p>The fact that this discussion is useless as the terrifying form of the Tyranid Hive Mind will devour all sectors means that it doesn't matter who wins, all will be eaten the same :evilgrin:
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 19 May 2001, 11:08

not so, the Eldar work for themselves and will pull out of any war that would mean too much distruction on their side. the imperium cannot count on their support as the Eldar also hate the Monkeih (Humans)<p>true the whole galaxy might be eaten by the tyranids, i wonder what would happen if they tried to consume the worlds within the Eye of Terror?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 May 2001, 20:14

Quote: from Tech Priest Squeak on 12:08 pm on May 19, 2001
not so, the Eldar work for themselves and will pull out of any war that would mean too much distruction on their side. the imperium cannot count on their support as the Eldar also hate the Monkeih (Humans)<p>true the whole galaxy might be eaten by the tyranids, i wonder what would happen if they tried to consume the worlds within the Eye of Terror?
<p>Hmmm, Mutant Chaos Nids, a wonderful thought there.  Would they be converted to Chaos?  or would the Hive Mind be too strong?
As for the Eldar, they are more likely to join with the Imperium in any last ditch battles than stand alone and try to face Chaos solo

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 22 May 2001, 19:22

i really doubt that the 'nids would be converted as the individual creatures are under the control of the hive mind and as long as the hive mind stays out of the Eye of Terror then they shouldn't be.
Unless of course all the synapse creatures are destroyed and the 'nids become leaderless..........?<p>the Eldar probably would stand by the Imperium on a last stand or maybe they'd run away like they did last time?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 May 2001, 19:14

Quote: from Tech Priest Squeak on 8:22 pm on May 22, 2001
i really doubt that the 'nids would be converted as the individual creatures are under the control of the hive mind and as long as the hive mind stays out of the Eye of Terror then they shouldn't be.
Unless of course all the synapse creatures are destroyed and the 'nids become leaderless..........?<p>the Eldar probably would stand by the Imperium on a last stand or maybe they'd run away like they did last time?
<p>Is this only a Me Vs You argument?  Ah well, who cares.<p>I agree the the Nids would be OK if the Hive Mind stayed out of the Eye of Terror, but how would it manage to do that, and work across Warp Space?  surely the Hive Mind would have to enter the Warp to control the nids in the Eye of Terror?<p>As for the Eldar, if it was a choice between total annihilation on there own, and a chance of success (no matter how small) with the Imperium, I think that they would stay with the Imperium

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 23 May 2001, 20:54

remember the Eye of Terror is not really part of warp space it is an overlap of warp and the material universe so the Hive mind could probably control the 'nids inside of it. it has been able to control the 'nids from millions maybe billions of light years away.

SaMeDi

Postby SaMeDi at 21 Jun 2001, 20:37

Hmm...CHAOS,
U want reasons? well, lemme see.....
Chaos have influenced Humans, Space Marines, Eldar, Orcs, and have daemons on thier side its a bit unfair really coz no matter how hard anyone will try Chaos will still probably infest any society (especially if there are any negative thoughts) but then again who can stand a chance against the guardians of the web way...Harlequins! i cant wait till they come out

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 21 Jun 2001, 21:40

have Chaos suduced Orks? i've never seen that i've only seen

Next