New Marine, plus ADF question

Atlas

New Marine, plus ADF question

Postby Atlas at 08 Jun 2006, 10:49

Hey all. I used to play Dark Eldar, its been years and im back into it starting a SM army.

I'm waiting to get my codex in the mail, and trying to view these .ADFs on the site. I cant find a viewer... I tried Tatusk GIS something that was suposed to work and didnt. Any suggestions?

Also wondering if there are any chapter of marines that lean towards a desert-scheme. Currently im going with desert-yellow (tan looking) with graveyard brown for minor detail (shoulderpad trim, gun). Looking badass so far.

Ill have more fun designing my own I think, but just wondering so i dont make an exact replica

Thanks

ps Bored at work

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: New Marine, plus ADF question

Postby IBBoard at 08 Jun 2006, 11:25

Notepad ;) It'd have told you in the manual if you'd have downloaded it, but you only need that if you're planning on modifying the file, so you probably wouldn't have bothered :) .ADF files are simple text files, not any of the Amiga Disk Format or Drawing files or Definition files that FileXT.com list.

As for Marines, some of them do use more of a desert colour scheme, especially the older 2nd Edition schemes. I'll try to hunt around for some images later, but for now the best place to look is the Space Marine Chapter Gallery
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Atlas

Postby Atlas at 08 Jun 2006, 11:49

Thanks, and LOL on notepad. I tried just about everything else.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Jun 2006, 12:11

If you don't know what a file is, always try something like Notepad. If it shows a load of junk, it's a binary file and needs a special viewer. If it's readable then all is good and it probably doesn't need a special viewer :) Just make sure that you don't tick the 'always open with' option!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)