IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

New plastic 40K buildings

Postby IBBoard at 19 May 2006, 19:01

With the release of Cities of Death, GW have released some new plastic buildings. As TGSC may remember, I was a sucker for wanting a huge Mordheim table full of buildings and streets and bridges and towers and alleys and blockades and ruins and...and...things.

GW's biggest set is the Imperial City containing parts for ten buildings! Okay, so it's a little expensive at £100, but how great would it be to have a real city-fight table with large amounts of ruined Imperial buildings and other assorted themed scenery? :)

If only...
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

RE: New plastic 40K buildings

Postby SisterHelios at 19 May 2006, 21:27

:;Cries:: I got to see them at Games Day Baltimore in Maryland,I wanted those badly,I love city fights,I love them a lot!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 May 2006, 08:45

It's like when they did Inquisitor battle reports in White Dwarf and they show you all the scenery and then even do a modelling workshop for it - you look at the detail, imagine how great a battle would be with it all, and then kinda give up because you'll never be able to make/afford all that you want :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 20 May 2006, 21:22

lol well thats true,but its so lovely,and Huge! I saw so muc in the Forgeworld cataloge,I was like Wow,but still $1,500 for like one set or like $300+ for the small ones,good god!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 May 2006, 10:17

$300 for the plastic boxed set I linked to about that's £100? With the current exchange rate it should be about $175ish!

Some of the Forgeworld stuff is great. I can't think of any buildings I've looked at, but I remember seeing road segments and trenches and things. They would make such a great battlefield if you could actually afford them!

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 21 May 2006, 18:01

Ya thats still a lot,but I see the Forge world fortress walls are like 1000+ so is the adeptus mechanicus station

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 May 2006, 18:54

They've got some even better pics of the buildings in this month's UK White Dwarf. It's good that GW put a bit of effort in to them and made them all inter-changable :)

duckman

Postby duckman at 30 May 2006, 23:52

@Sister Helios: if you're paying 300US dollars you're getting stiffed. The set costs $300 here in Australia, which should be around the 210-220 mark over there. I know I am being ripped off here, 100 quid changes out to 240 Aussie dollars, like to know what the other 60 is for.....
nice looking terrain, though, if I had the cash I'd be grabbing a box....

cheers
duckman

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 31 May 2006, 07:52

I think it's the one time that living in the UK means things aren't more expensive :D

Normally we have to pay extra because things have to get shipped from America/Japan/Europe, but in the case of GW we just get the extortionate prices instead of the extortionately-extortionate prices. I've noticed that even the European prices for GW models are a little higher, since everything is produced in Nottingham (except White Dwarf, which is printed in Poland)

AU$60 is a little much for shipping to Australia, but it wouldn't suprise me if that's the markup GW put on it.