IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Ork Kommandos sneak peak

Postby IBBoard at 19 Apr 2006, 08:32

Despite the fact that one of the GW Staffers at Bolton said that Warseer only get things right on fluke, they seem to have done quite well with the things I've seen! First the sketch of the Mek turns out to be a new Mek model, then there's Kommandos...

I'm not so sure on the Kommandos at the moment. I guess they're much Orkier and closer to the current range, but I like my older-style converted ones where they're being more Imperial Guard-y with the camo and things.

GW sneek peaks are at:
White Dwarf Online sneak peak 1 - Kommandos
White Dwarf Online sneak peak 2 - Kommando Heavy Weapons

The burna boy and big shoota boy for them look good, and I like the Ork in the background of the first shot with his stikk bomb, but the rest of them...not Kommando-enough.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

RE: Ork Kommandos sneak peak

Postby TGSC at 19 Apr 2006, 15:47

Yeah, I don't think they look very commando-y, they look to be shying away from the 2nd Ed RL Marines Blood Axe Kommando style.

The stikkbomber looks like a ninja ork.

Dammnit, why don't we have a ninja emoticon?

*googles*

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Ork Kommandos sneak peak

Postby IBBoard at 19 Apr 2006, 16:13

We don't have Ninja because we're not on Invisionboard any more. Feel free to make one up ;)

As for the stikk bomma, looking at his face he does look kinda Ninja. I just liked the stikkbomb as a strapped-together bunch of dynamite :D Not entirely sure of the worth of a Nob with power claw when he's going to be in a small mob and has no armour, though :\

I guess the move away from 2nd Ed 'Blood Axe'-style Kommandos is because they've moved away from Klans now. They're still there, just not so prominant, and most armies are more along the lines of Freebooters, so they've gone for something generic. It does just seem to be missing a certain something to me. Give me something like my 'Bak Stabbaz' any day:

[img]http://www.hiveworldterra.co.uk/images/BakStabbaz.gif[/img]
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)