Gamerz Legend Recruiting! And now Live!

Kylian

Gamerz Legend Recruiting! And now Live!

Postby Kylian at 04 Apr 2006, 19:52

Before I start - I wanted to say that I ran this by IBBoard for permission before posting.

TO ALL:

My name is Allen “Kylian” Kruse, and I am the Director of Operations for a Gaming Network Division called Gamerz Legend – which is a Division of Society of Gamers Media Network. The Gamerz Legend Division is going to be launching this May 2006. We are in the preliminary process of finding volunteers as well as part time (paid - you read correctly I said PAID) staff. We figured that the best way to find quality volunteers and staff for our chosen markets, is to go to the many forum communities out there and let them know we are recruiting.

So here I am on a great community forum, letting you know that we are looking for staff. By now you want to know what KIND of staff. So I will tell you, Gamerz Legend Network will be doing review, interviews, columns, articles, Fan Art/Lit Sections, etc.... for the following genres/areas:

Miniatures WarGaming
Collectible Card Games
Pen & Paper Roleplaying
Gaming Literature (Fantasy, Sci-fi, and Manga)
Anime

At this time we are looking for subject "experts" if you will. We want people that not only have a solid knowledge in the chosen genre, but actively participate, in regards to Literature and Anime, you have to be knowledgable about current titles.

IF you are interested in hearing more email me at akruse@societyofgamers.com - even if you think you are borderline on what I have described above - email me and we will talk about it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks again for allowing me to post this.

Allen “Kylian” Kruse
Director of Operations
Gamerz Legend Division
akruse@societyofgamers.com

Angron

RE: Gamerz Legend Recruiting! And now Live!

Postby Angron at 08 May 2006, 15:27

Hey everyone,

I'm Angron, normally known because of my work with Warvault. Well, now I'm here to speak about something completely different...

Gamerzlegend, the new site from Society of Gamers Media Network, is picking up a lot of speed. And what's more, I'm taking the lower management job of the site as the Network Manager for miniatures.

So, what does that mean? It means I've got a bunch of jobs going spare for hard working, talented and willing people. Read on for more...

Why Would I Want to Work for Free?

Many people seem put off by the concept of working for free online. It seems like a slightly alien concept to them - why should you do hard work without pay?

Well, mainly because it pays off. I started working for free online seriously in September 2005, and now here I am, a paid contractor for GamerzLegend. If you want it to, the work can definitely pay off in the future; it did for me.

What Jobs Are Going?

At the moment, I'm very much interested in people who are willing to collect together the most recent rumours from across the miniatures market in order to collate them in one place under a set column, which they will themselves be writing, with full credit.

I am also looking for people willing to work as staff news writers, as well as more long term and more detailed article writers, especially for some of the less involved aspects of the miniatures market (Flames of War, and some other smaller branches such as Reaper et al). These positions come with fantastic benefits - the small staff I have put together already are reaping the rewards of membership in the interviews they will be performing and the products they will be receiving direct from the publishers in order to review them.

How Do I Apply?

Easy. Contact me at Ross.Birkett(at)gmail.com or Angron(at)mdy.me.uk, with your name, contact details and links to any other work you have done in the past.

If you have any questions at all, email me! I can't promise that I'll be able to come back and check each thread on each site that has been kind enough to allow me to speak to you, so if you're interested, drop me a line!

Like I said, I'm looking for dedicated staff with a talent and passion for the content you're writing! I will speak to each applicant personally, and will notify everyone when I have made my decision.

Hope to hear from some of you soon! Seriously, don't let this opportunity pass you by if you're interested in working as an article writer anywhere, or working online. Practice really does open doors!

~Angron

Kylian

Gamerzlegend Launches!

Postby Kylian at 07 Jun 2006, 04:33

Hey guys.

Gamerzlegend has now launched and gone live.

http://www.gamerzlegend.com

We launched with CCG and Miniatures Subsites.

Make sure you run by the Miniatures site for a great Heresy Minis review, as well as a Q&A with one of the guys talking about the upcoming Dreamblade Miniatures from Wizards of the Coast.

Plus a kickass Part 1 to modding out an Adeptus Mechanicus Vehicle. Going to just have to go check it out to see what I am talking about.

Thanks guys. See you there!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Gamerz Legend Recruiting! And now Live!

Postby IBBoard at 07 Jun 2006, 10:13

Since it's all GamerzLegend stuff and this isn't the GamerzLegend site, I've kept this all to one topic. It was a manual merge, but it seems to have worked okay, so people should just yell if they see problems.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)