Ork Codex due 2007

Space marine

RE: Ork Codex due 2007

Postby Space marine at 08 Apr 2006, 10:41

I've never found marines to come of second best. I've played a few games on TT, and found that, on average, Marines beat the Orks.
The Marines main advantage lies in their better technology, give your leaders the right equipment, outfit your squads with some cool gear, buy some Land raiders and Dreads and there it is.
Just for fun, decorate the force with a few of the greenskin's heads!
It's a way of saying :P to the Orks.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Apr 2006, 13:10

Check the Main Games forum for threads of my battles - my Greenskins have come out second best to everything apart from the 13th Company army that was stupid enough to beam in to contact with my boys on the first turn :D

As for Uge Choppas - I've never used them and don't see the point. Give me a standard choppa or a Claw any day. Not used Tankbusta boys either, although part of that's because I don't want to buy all those metal models! I've got Stormboyz and Kommandos with stikkbombs, though, and a Big Mek with a superstikkbomb. The Mek is partly to destroy tanks and partly to see if he can blow himself up in a large explosion of typical orkyness :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 08 Apr 2006, 20:49

I've seen Ork armies roll over SMs, though, on an annoyingly frequenty basis (especially when I've been the SMs :) ). Oooge Choppaz have annoyed the hell out of me ever since I clapped eyes on the rules for them; I'm not whinging about Orky tech, the Kustom weapons charts provided some of my favourite moments, but the Ooge Choppaz rules just seemed silly. And the Gangsta spelling.... :P

Maybe it's just the Ork players I know. :D
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

In a galaxy of a million worlds, what does the death of one matter?

Simguinus, Chief Historitor

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/p ... e_id=66353

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Apr 2006, 20:52

You know some rather common Gangsters to be using Ooge :D Orks have always been somewhat like that, as far as I can remember. Once I sort my Ork army out and get rid of the Lootas and Pred then it might be a better army with more stomping, but Orks still have a problem as soon as they come up against anything with large amounts of heavy armour - although I'm hoping my large collection of Rokkit Launchas may at least hit once :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

andygorn
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

26%

Postby andygorn at 20 Mar 2007, 22:33

I think (only a rumour, please don't sue!) that a few of the "oldies-but-goodies" are making a comeback, such as:

Shokk Attack Guns
Squig-Pot Throwers
Scorchers (but aren't these in the current Orky Codex anyway?).

Anyone else heard about what might be in the new Orky Codex 07?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 Mar 2007, 18:18

Skorchas are already in 3rd edition, they're a weapon upgrade for Trakks. IIRC you can replace the twin big shootas with twin rokkits or a skorcha (which is basically a burna with extra strength, higher AP, but a heavy weapon so it can't be used as a power weapon as well).

Shokk attack guns would be interesting to make a return, although they probably wouldn't be as characterful as in 2nd edition since 3rd and 4th have tried to simplify the rules and not have quite so many tables. It does make games flow more, but it ends up taking away some of the randomness of the Orks (like "will it work, will it miraculously work great, or will it backfire and do more damage to me than the enemy?")

Cheezo
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Cheezo at 07 Apr 2007, 06:08

Like you were saying...the Ork power claw...possibly my favourite 40K invention EVER. Two blades on da bottom, one on da top....CRUSH. I think it looks so cool, and it's effective as well. :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Apr 2007, 08:28

Why go for complex when simple, brutal and effective works perfectly well? :D

Previous