IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Ork Codex due 2007

Postby IBBoard at 14 Mar 2006, 11:01

I've just visited GW Bolton - I was in the town and dropped by to check their figure cases. Nothing greatly different that I noticed - unlike GW Manchester with it's crazy Ork army!

Anyway, the Manager, Brian, is still there and I had a quick chat to him. Asked him about the Ork Codex and whether they knew when it was due, because I'd heard 'rumours' of it being in the pipeline. Other than saying that places like Warseer only get rumours correct by fluke, and that any real info leaks usually result in the person responsible being fired and possibly legal action, he did say that the Ork Codex was officially scheduled for next year. The only way it might slip forward is if some project goes off-track.

Looks like I've got a bit of time to paint my Ork army before they change things around, then :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

RE: Ork Codex due 2007

Postby SisterHelios at 15 Mar 2006, 07:33

Blah..Green Skins,Purge the Beasts!! :twisted:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 15 Mar 2006, 08:49

:P They're one of the oldest codex's still available. They need a revamp (although nothing too drastic - I still want my army to be valid :D)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 15 Mar 2006, 20:22

"Orks. Hate Orks. Always have. Never forgive them for what they did to my boy."
:D
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

In a galaxy of a million worlds, what does the death of one matter?

Simguinus, Chief Historitor

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/p ... e_id=66353

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 16 Mar 2006, 08:43

You can't beat a game with a good Ork army though. All of your shooting misses? Never mind, Orks can't hit a barn door from a single pace. Your grots get gunned down? Laugh, that's what they're there for. You get beaten by jumppack troopers and sneaky tricks? Dem sneaky gitz bin cheatin' an' not playin' fair. We'll getz 'em next time!

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 16 Mar 2006, 23:13

I wouldn't get that close,Long Range Bombardment for me,Gotta love Basilisks!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 17 Mar 2006, 08:48

Gotta love the Mek's Super Stikkbomb, Kommandos with Krak Stikkbombs, Stormboyz with Krak Stikkbombs, three Rokkits in a Boyz mob, three Burnas in a Boyz mob, five Rokkits on Kans/Dreadnoughts and either three Kannons or two Kannons and a Zzap gun. And that's just in my standard 1500pt army :D

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 19 Mar 2006, 21:15

Bah! "Those I cannot defeat with the Emperor's troops, I will crush with the tanks of the Imperial Guard."

However, Orks variety and individuality in terms of modelling is to be prized and praised. Shame so many Ork players don't make the most of this, though. :)
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 19 Mar 2006, 22:40

Orks are a great Army don't get me wrong,I just don't like them,Steel Legion and Cadians all the way!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 Mar 2006, 09:03

Yeah, I try some little unique bits, but I go for sensible things - not the 'it ends up looking daft' style of sticking everything you can everywhere you can. I like them looking mean, green and brutishly, animalistically intelligent, not strong and dumb.

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 21 Mar 2006, 09:08

A mate of mine converted his Ork army a battlewagon, built out of parts from Gorkamorka trukks and one of the old Land Raider models. It was awesome, and massive, but didn't look ridiculous. He also scratch-built a fighta-bomba out of old Airfix kits...I'll see if I can find a photo of these, since I'm pretty sure there's one of the 'wagon in my hard drive somewhere....

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 Mar 2006, 13:28

Yeah, things like that are good, it's the people who glue the equipment pouches and bullets to every available part of the Ork, whether it's reasonable or not, who get the 'daft looking positioning' award. Thinking about it, I might have done it with one of my older Orks - doesn't stop it looking daft though :D Might have to remove it when I get a chance.

Space marine

Postby Space marine at 07 Apr 2006, 18:50

No matter how good they may be, they cannot stand to the fury of a good Ultramarines army, with Marneus Calgar and Tiguris in it, oh, and supported by some elite terminators and a few dreadnaughts.
Tyranid hunters may be a good idea too.........
Anyway, my point is... Orks vs. Marines..... lots of dead greenskins! :evil:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Apr 2006, 19:05

Marneus Calgar, Tiguris, Terminators and Dreadnoughts - how many of them are you planning on fitting in to an army? I can get around 130+ models in to a 1500pt Ork army, including about 50 grots. Even with rapid fire, that's a lot of grots to go through before you get to the Orks with Choppas, burnas and rokkits, plus the boss and warboss with claws and the three killa kans and a dreadnought ;)

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 08 Apr 2006, 08:17

Yes, annoyingly, the TT outcome is frequently different to that which the fluff suggests. I'm not entirely sure precisely how the Adeptus Astartes has defended the Imperium for 10 millenia against the green menace, since on the TT they frequently come out second best. :evil:

Sheer weight of numbers, plus terrible inventions like tank bustaz and Oooge Choppaz (which I hate, if you can't tell :) ) tends to do for the SMs. Sure, they'll take a lot with them, but 1500 points vs 1500 points tends to come out in the greenies favour....

If only it was like in Grunts! "Hordes of spear-chucking greenies....mowed 'em down in droves we did." (Grunts!, by Mary Gentle).

Next