IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Tallarns return!

Postby IBBoard at 04 Mar 2006, 19:42

It's apparently only for a 'limited time' (which means "they're not selling so well, so lets push them to the front") but the Tallarn Desert Raiders have been re-released.

In a way, I quite liked the old Tallarn models (which these are - same old models, nothing new) but I don't think I'd ever bother collecting them or any of the other distinct regiments - they'd just cost too much! As if plastics weren't expensive enough to form an army from :roll:

Strangely, I've only ever seen two colour schemes for them - the 'tundra camo' of beige with small bits of green and brown, or white (typical Arab style, despite the fact they've all got caucasian faces except the special character!)

Did anyone else like the Tallarns? or even collect the Tallarns?
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

andygorn
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

26%

RE: Tallarns return!

Postby andygorn at 20 Mar 2007, 22:35

Yep, I got a few of all of the specific Regiments:
I liked the British Empire (Zulu-era) troopers and then the Mordians most of all.

I've got some of the WFB Al-Muktar's Desert Dogs to use as Tallarn Rough Riders.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Tallarns return!

Postby IBBoard at 21 Mar 2007, 18:21

Al-Muktar's unit would work quite well as Tallarns, and if anything they might look even more characterful for a regiment that's supposed to always live on this desert world.

The Praetorian Guard were quite good, and I liked the Games Day display they did (a play on Rourke's Drift, I think) but they were a little too close to real-world models for me to like them as an army. Mordians just always reminded me of US Marines in full dress uniform :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)