Roll call

Chrono356

Roll call

Postby Chrono356 at 11 Feb 2006, 09:08

Yeah i just have a question.... i Visited the main Hive world terra site and downloaded roll call. After i unziped it and got into it alittle bit i noticed its 3rd edition 40k not 4th.... is there a 4th edition version?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Roll call

Postby IBBoard at 11 Feb 2006, 10:20

3rd and 4th edition doesn't make much difference (with the exception of races who have had their Codex updated). It definately doesn't make any difference with the application itself.

Unfortunately, I don't have the money to buy all of the Codexes as they are released, so I rely on visitors submitting files to keep updated with the various races. So far, no-one has done that for any of the 4th Edition races, and the only race that I play (Orks) still use their 3rd Edition Codex.

Creating ADF files is fairly simple and doesn't require anything much more than Notepad and a copy of the Codex. If you want to create them yourself, get a copy of the manual and an existing ADF file, create a new ADF (or edit the existing one for the race) and submit it :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Chrono356

sd

Postby Chrono356 at 11 Feb 2006, 18:45

ok cool sounds like a plan

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Roll call

Postby IBBoard at 24 Feb 2006, 18:21

Hi Chrono, any update on your progress with the ADF file? If you've got any questions, it's been a while since I worked on them but I'm sure I can help :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)