What armies would you like?

Ravage777
4th Year Cadet
4th Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

15%

Re: What armies would you like?

Postby Ravage777 at 10 May 2008, 22:08

I never have got to play 40k tabletop but i have watched it for a descent amount of time on many occasions at many different comic book stores questioning alot.
I also adore the books but when they said an average army kit is 300$ i knew it would be a while before i put that down and then paid somebody to paint it all.

I would definately choose the space wolves though.They are space marines hence the ultimate warriors of the galaxy and of all the space marine chapters only they were thoroughly without suspicion of the taint of heresy in the dark times.
Also they are the only chapter that believes to become a space wolf is the gods coming to claim the most valorious in battle kinda like the vikings.
Last but not least from what i can tell the space wolves have the hardest intitiation with the lowest success rate because even the geneseed adaptation is such a low success rate.
They may say the blood angels are the most honorable because of thier insanity problems from the progenitor of thier geneseed but of all,only the space wolves have never been in suspicion at any time of heresy.
Plus(on a side note)thier geneseed from the great wolf gives them super human senses not just strenghth and endurance.
Smell 250 times more sensitive,like dogs that can smell cancer ect.. ect..

Sincerely
Ravage777

P.S.- How do i upload my avatar picture from desktop? :oops:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 11 May 2008, 09:36

Paid someone to paint it? That defeats half the point of collecting the models IMO. You might not be a great painter at first, but with a bit of patience it isn't that difficult to get them looking clean, crisp and good on the table top ;)

The Space Wolves may be without suspicion during the heresy, but I doubt all of the Inquisitors would be quite so sure if they knew about the Wulfen of the 13th Company. They might only get the slight distrust that the Blood Angels get for their vampiric/blood lust taint, but there's still mutation in there :)

As for the avatar, the final post of our Avatar rules topic tells you vaguely. Host it somewhere (e.g. free space at your ISP or somewhere like ImageShack) and then use the URL here.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Ravage777
4th Year Cadet
4th Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby Ravage777 at 11 May 2008, 21:37

Interesting,thats the first ive ever heard of wulfen being an actual part of a company and not just the failed geneseed left do fend for themselves outside the fang.
I also never heard of anything regarding vampires for the blood ravens but i didnt know about the ravens books.I will have to look into them as soon as im done with the space wolf ones.
They just came out with a new one,it was on the new release rack last month so i picked it up.
Oh i can paint miniatures,i used to paint miniatures for D&D when i was a kid.If it was quality i was concerned about i would paint them myself but its the time spent painting so many that i will be avoiding.
Although its not such a bad idea to paint one or 2 for a template so the painter knows what to do.
Good idea,Thanks :clap:
I figured 70$ a piece plus i supply all the paints and supplies and the painter keeps those as a bonus.
At least thats the quote i got from this guy at the comic store.
I just dont want to spend the 5-7 hrs per miniature is all.

Sincerely
Ravage777

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 May 2008, 19:25

The 13th Company have only been bulked out to anything more than a myth in recent years. I've never seen the background, but failed geneseed would be one way for them to be more feral.

As for vampiric, the Black Rage/Red Thirst is the Blood Angels, not the Blood Ravens ;)

As I said, every I've seen has recommended against the Blood Ravens books, but they may be okay if you're interested in Marines.

Painting goes a lot more quickly if you paint in batches and enjoy what you're painting. I don't mind spending the time on my Orks because it's fun to see them grow, but getting through the last of my remaining Warhammer miniatures was always a chore. I think that's probably one of the best guides for what you want as an army - what you like the look of and wouldn't mind collecting from an aesthetic/painting point of view. After all, if you win a little bit more but it is a chore to collect them then is it worth it?
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Ravage777
4th Year Cadet
4th Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby Ravage777 at 14 May 2008, 02:33

Thats what a wulfen is,a failed geneseed.
If its listed as anything different i never seen that just in the space wolf series which is what the series is all about,the space wolves.
The wulfen in the series are what you become if you fail the geneseed process.

Sincerely
Ravage777

Previous