What armies would you like?

T-5A
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

18%

Re: What armies would you like?

Postby T-5A at 17 Feb 2008, 22:18

well currently im thinking up a space marines army made from conversions completely, because idont play i just model and paint so i dont tend towards how many points they are

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 Feb 2008, 18:35

IIRC it wasn't a studio Ultramarines army but a stores one. Every single store in the country was assigned a squad (or more) and I GW HQ did the rest. A whole chapter by yourself definitely is mad - not just for the amount of painting but how much that guy must have spent!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

DieterHellsghewer

Postby DieterHellsghewer at 06 Mar 2008, 03:06

we have a guy in the area. he runs a bunch of MRI centers so hes LOADED. Like he blows a couple grand in a go on this stuff. He has all the modles for an entire chapter of Dark Angels

and he has completed an ENTIRE guard regiment made up of 3 companies (bout 1500Pts). Plus an artilery armor reserve and of course a baneblade company. i envy this man.

But its nowhere near done. half of everything is still in the boxes. but he says hes going to get it done within 2 years. he dosn't do anything really just sit around and make money of his MRI places.

Oh and my Guardsmen are really getting up there in points. Though i think i'm going to work on my marines for a while.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Mar 2008, 18:36

There's an edit button on the forums, please use it, especially when the update is only a minute later ;)

I'm sure there are some people with far too much money who have huge armies. I've got quite a lot of mine unpainted due to other things I do.

Either your maths is out with his Guard army, or else it's not overly impressive at 1500pts - that's a fairly normal gaming size ;) I guess a Baneblade company wouldn't fit in there, so maybe it's 15,000pts (which wouldn't fit on most tables when it is Guardsmen and huge tanks).
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

DieterHellsghewer

Postby DieterHellsghewer at 06 Mar 2008, 21:41

No I was saying his three infantry companies add up to 1500 points each.and yeah
But yeah thanks for the thing bout the edit button didn't even notice it was there.

my current project is going back and repainting all my space marines. I'm using a lot of red. they use a lot of dark angles models and i changed party of the color scheme cause they looked to much like other chapters.

So now i'm busying my time repainting. No major money drain there.
Oh i did end up getting the start to a Tau army through a strange series of events. I won a squad of path finders and fire warriors in a tournament style thing. It was the first time I've ever done well with my guardsmen. partly due to good rolling. partly due to terrain theme. and then of course partly due to a few tricks. stupid space marines. No offense intended to SM players.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Mar 2008, 10:01

1500pts each for a Company? Seems a bit small. I guess by the time you add artillery and a company of Baneblades you'll be well past 5000pts, which is large enough.

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 08 Mar 2008, 19:45

hehe yeah

lasman2
2nd Year Cadet
2nd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

70%

Postby lasman2 at 12 Mar 2008, 19:03

IG are a bit too... plain for me. i prefer space marines o dark eldar tbh

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 Mar 2008, 19:48

Too plain? You get foot-sloggers of about half a dozen different styles/home worlds (if you're willing to buy the metal models) that can't shoot for squat along side big tanks with pie plate template weapons or flames or anything in-between, horse-mounted troops (Rough Riders) and huge artillery of a variety of sizes, plus oddities like the Sentinel (a chicken walker) and medal bedecked Commissars and Captains.

lasman2
2nd Year Cadet
2nd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

70%

Postby lasman2 at 12 Mar 2008, 20:06

i mean there a bit too.... real life-ish for me...

Lucus009
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby Lucus009 at 24 Mar 2008, 02:35

I would get a titan from forge world, 20 models of each chose of elites and fast attack, 100 models of each troop...If I keep going the list would get even more ridicules.
Eldar

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Mar 2008, 11:28

An Imperial Titan or one of the Eldar Phantom Titans? The Eldar Titans always look quite impressive, if a bit strange for basically looking the same as a Dreadnought, just comparatively bigger.

Lucus009
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby Lucus009 at 24 Mar 2008, 12:27

A fully painted fro a member from 'evey metal Eldar Phantom Titian.
Eldar

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Mar 2008, 14:05

'Eavy Metal painted? That'd cost even more of a small fortune than the Forgeworld stuff does already! It would be quite an impressive centre piece, though.

Lucus009
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby Lucus009 at 24 Mar 2008, 14:41

It would be funny to see everbodys jaws drop when you plop it down.
Eldar

PreviousNext