IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: What armies would you like?

Postby IBBoard at 30 Oct 2006, 18:50

Yeah, 2nd hand, eBay and discounts stores seem to be the only reasonable way to purchase GW models these days. I've never checked points wise, but I'd have thought that the 16 plastic Orks in a box might have been about equivalent to the 10 man tactical squad in points - that way they leave it reasonably fair on armies that have plastics and aren't all metal.

Helios: Anything particular you like? Can't say much in the Marine army grabs my attention, although a fully styled Dark Angels army might be cool from a model point of view. A huge army of Guardsmen and tanks would look great as well, but not something I'd want to collect.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 04 Nov 2006, 19:19

What keeps my intrest in those Armies is the Story line Battles my armies have been involved in,admitted for my Marines its highly unlikely for them to be lead by a Matriarch in the real Story line for 40k,but still I have the model to rep my female commander,and for my Guard they are Loyal to my Space marines,so I have to make sure I keep them in a higher points value then my Marines to show more guard then Marines Serve the Matriarch ^_^;; ::Waits for the flaming to begin::

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 07 Nov 2006, 17:54

I actually bought the WFB army I'd always wanted - a huge force of worthwhile undead - thanks to 6th Ed, the new plastic WFB kits and the lovely new Grave Guard models, and the twinky Blood Dragon Army List in the Vampire Counts Army Book.

Tremble before my 3000 points of Black Knights! All converted from Empire Reiksguard.... :D
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

In a galaxy of a million worlds, what does the death of one matter?

Simguinus, Chief Historitor

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/p ... e_id=66353

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Nov 2006, 18:38

Cool :) I remember a converted army in WD that was Empire based undead. Looked quite good, and was certainly different to all of the other standard armies that people come up with. That's one thing I like with my Orks - I've got the older models, the odd conversion, and it's just so easy to add that little bit of individuality to it :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 10 Nov 2006, 20:46

Thats cool,and yay I wasn't gone after for having a Female Space Marine commander..who is a Mutant! lol

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 11 Nov 2006, 08:55

A mutant female Space Marine? How are the Inquisition not all over that? :D

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 11 Nov 2006, 20:39

Because My Marine are hiding within the Ghoul Stars,Story line wise,and they are renegades,they need to protect their leader after all.

Cheezo
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Cheezo at 06 Apr 2007, 06:26

I'd finish my Orc army, and that's about it. Maybe make some more conversions, I love doing that :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Apr 2007, 08:06

Nothing else? No branching out into other systems? Not even a kick-arse Mordheim Orc gang? :)

Cheezo
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Cheezo at 06 Apr 2007, 09:13

Unless I see anything totally :idea: inspiring, probably not.

DieterHellsghewer

Re: What armies would you like?

Postby DieterHellsghewer at 02 Feb 2008, 19:08

Well seeing as my Imperial Guard army is almost done. I'd finish them up with a few more boxes of guardsmen. (I work for all this stuff. no lotto, no discount, just one box at a time) i have some space marines sitting around so I'd like to finish them up. I'm not going to use any inquisition. I'm looking at a wood elf army in Fantasy though it will be a while before I do that. I will have more Guardsmen first. I need to get some armor for my Space Marines.

If I could start and finish any army new. I either want to try a Dark Eldar Army or perhaps a Tau army.But for right now i'm pretty content with the death world veterans I'm adding to my normal Guard Army.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 Feb 2008, 08:53

Wood elves? After the Imperial Guard and all those tanks? Sounds a bit wimpy. Okay, so I've still got to work out how to be Wardancers (other than shooting them to bits) but they're tree-hugging elves :D

Death world veterans sound interesting. It's always good to add someone slightly tough to a Guard army.

caelien
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Re:

Postby caelien at 16 Feb 2008, 22:27

MadMaffMan wrote:Hmmm your probably right about the Epic figures being to small to paint but what a sight they make on a gaming table with good terrain. Did you see that WD article on that guy from Poland that painted the whole Blood Angels Chapter in Epic models, now thats what you call devotion. :D

That was actually a Blood Angels chapter in 40k scale (the article that featured it was called 'The Madness Of King Artur' if I remember correctly) Although the craziest thing I've seen is still the Inquisitor scale Ravenwing Biker, complete with bike (yes, crazier than a chapter in 40k scale)

I'd like to do a full Dark Angels chapter in 40k scale (maybe if I stopped selling my models every couple of years I'd have got there by now), and in WFB the Bretonnians as they're the race that got me into it in the first place.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 17 Feb 2008, 08:57

Not a full Kingdom/Dukedom in WH scale Brettonians? :D

Having seen the Games Day Ultramarines Chapter display (twice I think - once at GD and once at GW HQ) a full 40K chapter is crazy, but Epic scale would be too easy.

Any idea what issue it is so I can try to dig it out?

caelien
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby caelien at 17 Feb 2008, 19:55

Can't remember, it was ages ago. Don't forget that the studio army was painted by more than one person, which makes the Blood Angels army well and truly barking!!!

PreviousNext