Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Pismronunciation of worms...

Postby IBBoard at 28 Jan 2006, 22:38

Or possibly nuits....

OK, I'll do it without the Ronnie Barker sketch! Mispronunciation of words and units :)

I was just taking screenshots of a new Guard colourscheme from Crytalking when I noticed (again) that the Kasrkin are Kasrkin and not Karskin. Any time I've seen them in White Dwarf I've been skim-reading it more and reading it as Karskin (pronounced more like Karrs-kin or Karr-skin, the elite kinsmen of Karr or something :D) - partly because it's easier and partly because the spelling makes more sense! Then I saw it in DoW when making the Uber Painter and noticed that it was actually Kasrkin :D

The other one that I used to mispronounce (or get wrong) was Catachan (as in the Jungle Fighters). At first I thought it was Catchan (pronounced almost "Catchn")

So, anyone else misread any GW names and end up pronouncing them wrong for a while? And ones like Tzeentch don't count :D (silent T, like Tzar ;))
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Re: Pismronunciation of worms...

Postby TGSC at 29 Jan 2006, 12:03

IBBoard wrote:I was just taking screenshots of a new Guard colourscheme from Crytalking when I noticed (again) that the Kasrkin are Kasrkin and not Karskin.

eh?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Pismronunciation of worms...

Postby IBBoard at 29 Jan 2006, 16:00

Spelling - the order of the S and the R in Kasrkin (the Cadian elite troops) :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

RE: Pismronunciation of worms...

Postby TGSC at 29 Jan 2006, 17:58

doh, I missed that