IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Complete the message from the Tau

Postby IBBoard at 22 Jan 2006, 17:29

With the Tau coming out soon, Games Workshop have a little preview in White Dwarf. As part of it, they've got a little document, supposedly a signal from the Tau, that has been censored by the Imperium. Some of the blanks are more obvious than others. The challenge for this thread is to see what words we can come up with either that fit or that make it say something daft :D Asterisks show the number of dashes in the censored section, in case it gives clues :)

++ A message to the brave soldiers of the Imperium++

Welcome, men of the Imperial Guard, to Tau space. As your vessels approach our domains, you will [censor 1 *****] to see that to fight us is to suffer [censor 2 ******] death for no [censor 3 *******] purpose. Our fleets are swift and mighty and our warriors [censor 4 ****] beyond compare. Our workers are [censor 5 **********] and inventive and out diplomats speak only the truth. To attack us is to bring [censor 6 ***] to your kin, for you shall bring about your own, [censor 7 ******] end at the hands of those who would welcome you.

We say unto you "join us" and fight beside our warriors. Build with out workers. Penetrate the benighted void with out explorerers. Spread the word of the [censor 8 *******] Good with our diplomats. Lay down your weapons and take the hand of friendship that is [censor 9 *********] to you.

We are the Tau Empire. We stand united. Your Imperium is fractured and [censor 10 *******]. To resist us is folly - to join us, your destiny!

Now 8 is quite obviously "Greater", as in "Greater Good", and the workers could be "hard-working", but other than that I've not had any ideas yet.
Last edited by IBBoard on 31 Jan 2006, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

clampy125

RE: Complete the message from the Tau

Postby clampy125 at 31 Jan 2006, 19:02

I was wondering if thats the letter out of the latest white dwarf? If so i could probably decode the rest of the messade using my Tau codex as it has the alphabet in there. Or you could have a look if you wanted

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Complete the message from the Tau

Postby IBBoard at 31 Jan 2006, 20:13

There isn't any Tau letters in this one (unlike the message they put in when Tau were first released). This one is a censored memo from the Imperium about protecting the average Guardsman.

As a rather random, unlikely and just daft version:

++ A message to the brave soldiers of the Imperium++

Welcome, men of the Imperial Guard, to Tau space. As your vessels approach our domains, you will be able to see that to fight us is to suffer hilarious death for no Imperial purpose. Our fleets are swift and mighty and our warriors Anime beyond compare. Our workers are lazy and inventive and out diplomats speak only the truth. To attack us is to bring fun to your kin, for you shall bring about your own, sticky end at the hands of those who would welcome you.

We say unto you "join us" and fight beside our warriors. Build with out workers. Penetrate the benighted void with out explorerers. Spread the word of the Greater Good with our diplomats. Lay down your weapons and take the hand of friendship that is handed to you.

We are the Tau Empire. We stand united. Your Imperium is fractured and mirrored. To resist us is folly - to join us, your destiny!

Oh, and I'll fix the typos I just noticed!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)