IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Latest price hike...

Postby IBBoard at 22 Jan 2006, 16:03

I've just received White Dwarf today (it still gets delivered to my parents' house, so I get it slightly late) and guess what the latest news from GW is? They're increasing prices...again.

Plastic tanks are going from £20 to £25 (25% price rise!), Plastic APCs (like the Rhino) are going from £18 to £20 (roughly 11% price rise), plastic bikes are going from £5 to £6 (20% price rise) and paints are going from £1.75 each to £2 each.

All I can say is that I'm glad I got the 18 or so old-brand paints from their original supplier at less than 50p per pot for 18ml pots instead of what will soon become £2 for 12ml! Oh, and that I'm glad I just want boyz from infantry boxes (when I get round to actually buying them!)

Oh, and TGSC, I told you GW paints were £2 each, I was just psychic and predicting the future ;)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

RE: Latest price hike...

Postby TGSC at 22 Jan 2006, 17:36

:(

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 Jan 2006, 21:27

It won't be so bad for you, just as long as you don't decide you want to start your Dark Angels again. Even if you do, you've already got a plastic Predator lying around somewhere, and you can use my Looted Whirlwind for a Rhino if you feel like it (and want to remove the launchers and bits)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 22 Jan 2006, 22:04

Yeah, pretty much gonna stick to WHFB for a while

but still :( and also :x