IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Full set of White Dwarf mags on eBay!

Postby IBBoard at 04 Jan 2006, 20:24

I'm in the process of writing up a little 'GW on a budget' article, and was trying to get a link directly to the Warhammer section of eBay when I noticed the following auction:

WHITE DWARF Complete COLLECTION !!!! Mint Ltd RARE - issue 1 to 313 great condition most still with freebies

As the guy says, postage on that would be terrible, and Portsmouth is a long way to go, and I can't afford £300, and I already have from somewhere in the early 100s (although some aren't in perfect condition), but I still want it! It's crazy to want all of those magazines, but it'd just be such a great collection for me :)

I don't suppose anyone has any spare change they could use to buy it as a 'thanks for the site' present? :D lol, j/k!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

RE: Full set of White Dwarf mags on eBay!

Postby MadMaffMan at 04 Jan 2006, 22:16

I have loads of White Dwarf mags as well, they take up one whole wall of a room and the weight is terrible. I'm sure the floor boards are bending under the pressure.

All 313 mags is quite some going, have you got the White Dwarf screen saver that shows EVERY front cover. It sure makes me all misty eyed to see some of the older front covers. :oops:

I'm affraid i dont have £300 spare, you need a Russian multi-millionaire to buy out half the web-site. Then you could go shopping. :lol:
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Jan 2006, 08:30

Russian multi-millionaire? that'd be an interesting idea :) just hope we wouldn't then have problems with the Ukraine complaining about the price of our downloads :D

I've got at least a chimney breast's worth of magazines (it was in the recess next to it, but the size of that depends on the size of your room, so it's not as useful a judgement). Plus I've got a large stack of duplicates from when I bought a batch of probably 70+ magazines for the sake of the earliest 10-20 :D it helped that I was only about a 20 minute drive away to go and pick them up, so I didn't have to pay postage!

As for the screensaver, no, I didn't know there was one! Was it official? Any chance of pointing me to where you got it from? :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 05 Jan 2006, 17:23

Yes the screensaver is an official one, hang on a sec........

http://uk.games-workshop.com/whitedwarf/screensaver/

...there it is. Hope you like it, i know i do. :D
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Jan 2006, 18:35

Cool, downloading now :) didn't realise GW had made that. I never read their site much, if at all, and I don't remember seeing mention of it in White Dwarf. They should do an update each month (over maybe year) that adds the extra covers to it :D

Nearly 18MB? Not a problem, two and a half minutes at over 100KB/s :) *strokes 1MB ADSL connection*

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 Jan 2006, 13:30

:shock: they sold for rather a lot in the end:

Winning bid: £522.01

Someone from France was also apparently interested in them :D that'd be rather a lot of postage!

Oh well, guess I'll just have to make do with my screensaver :)