im interested in writing for Hiveworld terra

theguyyouknow

im interested in writing for Hiveworld terra

Postby theguyyouknow at 07 Dec 2005, 00:10

I was wondering if you would consider paying for writing scenarios, campagins, research, background information or anything else you miight think of. i wont ask for too much and I will gladly write somthing for you for free in order to give you a sample of the kind of work id write. If you decline I would like to know if you can give me any other places I could turn to. Thanks, Sam

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: im interested in writing for Hiveworld terra

Postby IBBoard at 07 Dec 2005, 07:38

Paying? No thank you. I make absolutely no money from this site and it is about the community and the hobby. General hobby submissions we'll accept, but they have to be free submissions. Besides, I think Games Workshop may have some legal issues with charging for derivatives of their work.

As for other places, there are loads of GW fansites on the net. Go search and find them, then expect a very similar response of "sorry, if you're charging then we're not paying".

Also, I'd hope that your grammar in these scenarios etc. that you write would be better than in that post.

Thanks for the offer, but free contributions from fans of the hobby only. Mercenaries who do it for the money stay in the game :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

theguyyouknow

geeze sorry

Postby theguyyouknow at 07 Dec 2005, 22:45

If I do search a lot of sites, unfortunately all of them have turned me down so far. If my grammer was a problem I can assure you it would have been better if I had even the faintest glimmer of hope.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: im interested in writing for Hiveworld terra

Postby IBBoard at 08 Dec 2005, 08:09

If all of the sites have turned you down then you have one of two options:

1) Write because you really are interested in writing "for the site" - do it all for free instead of for the money and make a contribution to the community.
2) Apply for a job at Games Workshop - I don't know when they recruit or what jobs they're looking for, but they'll have details on their website.

As for your grammar, it wasn't necessarily a problem, just something that stood out as not exactly in keeping with what you were trying to present yourself for.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)