IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Incoming! or "How I Was Beaten By The Guard...Again&quo

Postby IBBoard at 16 Nov 2005, 21:25

I played the same Guard guy on Tuesday night, and lost again. Unfortunately, I'm apparently his only victory with that army, and now he's beaten me twice! It was a closer battle this time, and it would have been closer still if we'd have had a turn or so more. My Boys were a fair few guys short in places, but the Stikkbommas had hacked up most of two command squads (or whatever they are) and the Stormboyz had taken out most of the other one and two sentinels before they died. Given another turn the Stikkbommas might have destroyed the Hellhound or killed a few more mobs - you never know! Unfortunately GW is closing at 8pm now because the shopping center closes later :roll:

Now I'm trying to work out what my army can include in the short term, before I buy it all. I'm thinking that a pair of Kannons to replace the Plasma Cannon armed Loota (who risks killing a friend and killing himself if he misses badly!) although I need another 15 points from somewhere :\ I'll have to properly evaluate what can be dropped from the army in the short term to give me a pair of anti-armour/frag template Kannons :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

solidzaku

RE: Incoming! or "How I Was Beaten By The Guard...Again&quo

Postby solidzaku at 22 Dec 2005, 18:48

Yeesh, don't talk to me about Imp Guard. Those S.O.B.'s bum rush me every time. The only hope I have is to get my first squad of Space marines out before they come. Quick tip, people, dont play 1 on 1 in a small map, they thrive on that bum rush

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Incoming! or "How I Was Beaten By The Guard...Again&quo

Postby IBBoard at 30 Dec 2005, 17:48

No, I'm talking about TT Guard :D The 'main games' forum is for table top games - we don't have any DoW other than the Skinning chat area (why bother trying to fight against the great, official forums at RelicNews?)

But on a DoW side-note, I'm sure Guard are not that bad. They'll just be like new armies in table top - they're new and different and no-one has faced them before, so they don't know the tactics that work. Granted, they might have a few bugs and minor imbalances, but I can't see them being as terribly unbalanced as everyone seems to say they are.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)