GW bringing back Dark Future novels?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: GW bringing back Dark Future novels?

Postby IBBoard at 15 Mar 2006, 16:57

Just as an update, I was checking the spelling of Genevieve's surname (turns out it has an accented E at the end as well!) and got back to Jack Yeovil's page. The following was written down the site:

As of September 2005, its sister imprint, Black Flame, will re-print all of Yeovil's Dark Future novels, starting with Demon Download.

So, even if it is somewhat slow, it looks like GW might be republishing them all through Black Flame...eventually!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 15 Mar 2006, 19:51

And, according the Black Flame site, many others. There are some on there that I've never heard of, which makes me wonder whether BF are, irony of ironies, publishing new material for a long defunct game?

Also, finally, I might get to read Kid Zero, and this may lead to Kim Newman publishing the possibly un-published US Cavalry....which would be 8)
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

In a galaxy of a million worlds, what does the death of one matter?

Simguinus, Chief Historitor

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/p ... e_id=66353

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 16 Mar 2006, 08:40

Wouldn't suprise me if GW are trying to wring more money out of it by bringing out new stuff as well. They've probably got all sorts of older gamers who actually played DF and want to see more stuff. I like the stories, but I didn't play it, so it's not such a big draw to get more stories.

Maybe it's like a pop culture thing - it's been maybe twenty years, so it's developing a little following in a way that only older sci-fi stuff can :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 Jun 2006, 09:01

Update: Route 666 (Demon Download) was re-released in March 06 and Krokodil Tears (possibly the first Dark Future I read) is out in July 06 :)

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 17 Jun 2006, 12:13

And herein lies my confusion over US Cavalry - having seen the cover for Newman's extended version of Route 666 I got confused between it and USC finally being published.
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

In a galaxy of a million worlds, what does the death of one matter?

Simguinus, Chief Historitor

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/p ... e_id=66353

andygorn
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

26%

Postby andygorn at 20 Mar 2007, 23:28

Yep, I think that the last Route 666 was supposed to be called "US [Road?] Cavalry" and would end the battle between The Cowboy + Chantal Juillerat (plus her car)+ Krokodil + Elvis Presley + The Suitcase People vs. Elder Nguyen Seth (in all his tentacled madness-ness).
I never knew it was released + I thought that the DF stuff fell out of favour with GW just before this release when GW realised that they needed teenies to buy stuff too..?
If anyone's seen (or played) the various Games Day / Golden Demon games of 'chariot racing', they're based largely upon the systems used in GW's Dark Future car race game 'Road Wars'.

Previous