IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Beaten by The Boys In Blue

Postby IBBoard at 26 Oct 2005, 18:03

Damnit, another game and another defeat :( This time at the hands of the Ultramarines.

The game started badly, with my Devestator Lootas getting to the top of the hill, only to be blown apart rather quickly. The Predator was destroyed with the first Lascannon shot on it as well (a Lascannon that apparently rarely hits!) From then on, and with facing a Librarian with a jump pack and the Shadows of the Emperor psychic power (Marines are really unlikely to fail to cast their powers!), it didn't go well. First the Kommandos ran, then the Slugga boys were shot to pieces and killed in combat, their burnas failing to do anything more than remove a weapon from the Dreadnought they were facing. The grots took casualties and hid, before the slaver was killed. The stikkbommas and the Mek tried to run through the trees to get to the Landraider Crusader, but were jumped by the Terminators and Terminator Chaplain contained within it.

Once again, bad rolling didn't help things, but my attempts to use the cover as best I could failed and too many boys died before I got into combat. I might re-think my additions and make an alternative list that drops a couple of boys and replaces them with some power claw wielding Nobs for when I'm facing heavy armour. A power claw armed Warboss would be very impressive (S10!) but I'm not so sure about leaving him to strike last :\
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)