IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Incoming! or "How I Was Beaten By The Guard"

Postby IBBoard at 19 Oct 2005, 11:13

Damnit, another defeat :( that's a 25% victory ratio so far in Tuesday night games :\

Same army as usual, against a Guard army with a Hellhound, Leman Russ and a Basilisk, plus a couple of platoons, a Storm Troopers squad who used their infiltrate deployment to be about six inches forward in some trees and a pair of sentinels.

Note to self: Orks do not like ordanance templates!

Basically it ended up as "bye bye huge chunk of mob" as artillery dropped it. My Grots charged the Sentinels at one point - just because they could. I think they even managed to stun one because it didn't harm the grots and then the grots outnumbered it! My Big Mek with Super Stikkbomb never got close enough to any vehicles to use it, my Kommandos used their Kraks and blew up the Hellhound in the secound round of combat, having stunned it in the first. My Stormboyz didn't manage to jump far enough and were left an inch or two away from a wall, and so got shot at and fled.

Final VPs were 1300 to 700 in a 1500pt battle, with loot counter control at 2 v 1 (so I only did about 400 pts of damage!)

Second note to self: Warboss is best attached to a unit - that way he doesn't get 'sniped' by an ordanance template!

Hey ho, maybe next week! Or after I get together the money for the extra bits - £63.60 for four boxes (three Orks, one Goblin for more grots) inc postage, plus a couple of pounds for the dreadnought rokkits I'm missing, and the boxed sets will cover me for my 2000pt army as well, but end up cheaper on the postage and £8 cheaper than buying direct from GW :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)